• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

attachment.php

My newest fav Teeb...ahh love me some JL.

Gotta love some Panda stamps, is he doing new ones or is that an older one?

Ok the bird has officially pissed me off. Picked one up as part of a players pack last Saturday, lost my F Volt and found I did not really need to replace it because of the bird. I also really don't need the escape in my bag either now. Too bad my new glow Eagle also ended up in the drink during that tourney. I have 2-3 9 speeds now that are getting consistently out driven by the bird. I could have saved a bunch of money if I started with an Eagle and a Teebird.

Sorry if this has been covered, but 179 pages is huge. My 168g MF teebird that absolutely bombs and is nearly dead straight (for me). Other than going to a 160ish MF what is my best option for just a tick less stable, G*? And I assume Star for the slightly more stable role?

My experience with Gstar was that it sat between DX and Star, stability-wise, and seemed to glide a bit more than Star/Champ. They absolutely go far. Very, very far.

I have a 168g Star Bird that is laser beam straight with pretty mild fade. Way less than a normal champ. So that could be an option also.

Sorry if this has been covered, but 179 pages is huge. My 168g MF teebird that absolutely bombs and is nearly dead straight (for me). Other than going to a 160ish MF what is my best option for just a tick less stable, G*? And I assume Star for the slightly more stable role?

Yeah GStar or Echostar are probably your best bets. Both of them tend to fly like seasoned Stars out of the box.

Anyone throw the 11x Nybo Teebirds yet? Do they fly about the same as the 10x? I'm thinking about picking one up when I inevitably pick up some new Sexton Firebirds.

Ok the bird has officially pissed me off. Picked one up as part of a players pack last Saturday, lost my F Volt and found I did not really need to replace it because of the bird. I also really don't need the escape in my bag either now. Too bad my new glow Eagle also ended up in the drink during that tourney. I have 2-3 9 speeds now that are getting consistently out driven by the bird. I could have saved a bunch of money if I started with an Eagle and a Teebird.

It's a funny problem that I also understand. Some speed 9's are just so fun to throw, but then the Teebird can usually get just as far, with less lateral movement, and powers down even better. I love throwing glidey 8-10 speed discs for fun, but Teebirds are in the bag.

I agree that G* is the most likely to be least stable, they typically will show a little turn and have a some fade to start, but will beat in faster than star or champ as well.

Star isn't necessarily going to be more stable than your T3, lots of stars fly like G* but with better durability if you get the right ones, but there are stable ones out there too. If you can go to a store bring your T3 in and check wing height against star and champs, whichever one has the highest wing compared to yours will be more overstable. I have not thrown echo Teebirds. If I blindly wanted to buy a stable Teebird I'd go for a champ, and G* for less stable.

If you play somewhere without lots of trees/rocks then DX teebirds are ridiculous. I hate DX and worrying about discs beating in, but I had to put it back in the bag after taking it out of my "beginner" setup a long time ago. The stupid thing bombs as far as my Destroyers if I catch it just right, with even less lateral movement.

I play in Kansas so despite thoughts to the contrary, most of my courses are ridiculously wooded. I would consider DX for 5-6 holes of my 2 home courses. But after throwing a glow Tern last night I just don't see the need.

I love DX most of the time but not when I smash a tree. Sometimes I can't bend them back into shape.

I play in Kansas so despite thoughts to the contrary, most of my courses are ridiculously wooded. I would consider DX for 5-6 holes of my 2 home courses. But after throwing a glow Tern last night I just don't see the need.

The need, especially in the woods, is the tighter line that the teebird will hit. Yes the tern will go farther, but it needs more room to work. Teebird goes far enough for most shots and needs less room to operate. Thus, it's my favorite disc and probably always will be.

After messing around with PDs, a bunch of Trilogy stuff, and OLFs, I went back to my old, trusty TBs. Could not be happier.

Unlike a bunch of the speed 9 stuff I worked with, the TBs are much better at ranging. The slower speed makes them a ton more workable. I also learned to throw FH with TBs so that helps.

Like most of the good Innova stuff, I always feel dumb for trying to reinvent the wheel whenever I go back to my old standards.

The need, especially in the woods, is the tighter line that the teebird will hit. Yes the tern will go farther, but it needs more room to work. Teebird goes far enough for most shots and needs less room to operate. Thus, it's my favorite disc and probably always will be.

Oh I was not saying I do not need the Teebird, just not a dx that will get beat to hell almost instantly... Although I got one thrown in for free this weekend when I picked up a G* bird and a Champ Tern. For me the tight lines are better served by my MF bird, yes I will probably hit the same number of trees but the MF Champ plastic will take a hit far better.

Oh I was not saying I do not need the Teebird, just not a dx that will get beat to hell almost instantly... Although I got one thrown in for free this weekend when I picked up a G* bird and a Champ Tern. For me the tight lines are better served by my MF bird, yes I will probably hit the same number of trees but the MF Champ plastic will take a hit far better.

Gotcha. Didn't realize you were talking about a dx teebird. Yeah, those things are not great for the woods, but do pretty well out in the open. Dx plastic gets underrated sometimes, but your desire to have something more durable for playing in the woods is completely warranted.

I just came here to say that I recently threw my G* Teebird after taking it out of the bag for a Fission Volt, and I love the Teebird it is awesome. That disc just scoots with minimal effort. I was amazed by how far it was going even when I thought I had a crappy throw. The Fission Volt is cool but I think I have to put the Bird back in the bag. It's Old Reliable.

The gstar teebirds I have are flat so they have good speed but the glide is still there. Very nice discs.