• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

You have to be realistic about your course obstacles? Do you throw amidst lots of trees? If so, how often do you hit them and how hard? Stuff like that.

Also have a GStar Teebird that doesn't season quickly. Flies exactly like my PFN Teebirds that have seen less use.

My first run g star teebirds are still flying like they are 6 months old. I would find a used star teebird or three instead of breaking in your own.

^this

All mine were early releases. They were more like a fresh DX TB but with more fade. The fade started disappearing faster than expected for a plastic that's more expensive than (I think) it should be.

I have two G* Teebirds. Stability wise, they started out between a new DX and a Star. The new beats out of them pretty quick and they fly like a nicely seasoned DX. I have one that I have been throwing for 2 years and after the initial break in, it hasn't changed.

If you like the flight of seasoned DX birds, but cringe every time it hits a tree, a G* is a good option if you don't want to wait years of normal use waiting for that nice DX flight.

Interesting...That's why I gave up on them. I was afraid they'd become useless really fast. I may have to revisit my old throwers for fun.

How are regular production Star Teebirds molding up? Are they beefy (as far as Teebirds go)? Are they flat? I've been throwing Champs for years. I've never really given the Star a chance to make my tournament bag. I have some pre Avery Stars I've been testing out. They've all got some dome to them. My Champs in general seem much flatter.

How are regular production Star Teebirds molding up? Are they beefy (as far as Teebirds go)? Are they flat? I've been throwing Champs for years. I've never really given the Star a chance to make my tournament bag. I have some pre Avery Stars I've been testing out. They've all got some dome to them. My Champs in general seem much flatter.

Only flat teebirds I've seen were the freaks i was hoarding a couple years ago. Flat and stiff and overstable. Not the norm IME. most star starts out almost like a champ but it beats out.

Sadly these aren't stiffer pro like a lot of recent pro. My four are all on the softer side something between star and gstar sounds accurate. Not as durable-feeling as star or gstar.

Grip wasn't bad for a softer star-like blend. All had dead-even plh. Also had the new "TEEBIRD" on the bottom tooling.

I got to throw all of them exactly once so far, got an important phone call on hole one and had to pack em up early. Initial impression is these felt like a nicely beat up star but with some "crank me" stability still in them. Will probably rewrite my thoughts after more tosses.

Only flat teebirds I've seen were the freaks i was hoarding a couple years ago. Flat and stiff and overstable. Not the norm IME. most star starts out almost like a champ but it beats out.

Just nabbed this AJ stamped star TB a couple of weeks ago. Not board flat but not nearly as domey as some of the Stars floating around out there. Pretty hearty, in line with a JL champ TB.

I was a bit off earlier saying it felt like beat-in star. They have more stability than that. Lss was nearly spot-on with my 9/10 pfn star teebird. Likely me just thinking too much of my arm from a hot first few rips.

They all came in that awful traffic-cone orange as you can see in pic. Guest stars were a dx 163 thundy and a 175 pro thundy.

The description I gave earlier was accurate about the firmness but it was in the middle of a really warm day. This evening when it was cooler and I did some tossing they were a touch more star-feeling and less gstar.

They were able to handle lots of power for a teebird. The flatness is a factor. No dome. Not like a true flattop but really no dome on any of my four.

Skips were a touch further than my star but not as far as champ.

Will probably end up beating them into a "straight" teebird slot between a luster champ for OS and beat premium for US.

Last edited:
I've never been able to keep a star long enough for the US slot. Star Teebirds last me forever.