• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Totem

Traded for this one recently:
totemTeeBird.jpg

Ugh. I've had all kinds of trouble replacing my candy 11x champ teebird that was lost in all the damn leaves here in Charlotte. I've bought two used 11x but they are way more flippy than my tb was. Any suggestions on how to get an adequate replacements? Look thru local shops for flat "new champ blend" ones or any online retailers with these? Keep trying the market on 11x till I get lucky? I want dead straight HSS and a nice solid fade finish.

If you don't care about dome, the current run of Champs sound like what you want. They're the glassy candy ones that the Totems came from. They're just really domey.

Bump'n for birds!

I too have a new champion and that thing is super solid and stable.

I have this bird in my bag

169059_g.jpg

the most reliable driver I have and I'd be lost w/ out it. I think I'm going to look into 11x when I can. You guys have inspired me!

My one and only ace disc. it was also the first disc i ever bought myself. Almost lost it the week before my ace. It went over a cliff into a river/stream. I looked down and it was on the lip of the water, 8 foot down. So i went down after it. Long story short. I feel into the river. But i did get an ace with it the following week.

Attachments

• teebird.jpg
    teebird.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 75
When did innova stop doing the bar stamp on dx teebirds? I picked up a mint yellow dx bar stamp at Pias for 3.99 and was curious how old it is.

^^^hmm not sure on the year buddy but nice score.. the normal barstamp arent worth a ton.. not like the totem but the plastic is pure buttah.. depending on weight if you want to part with it let me know

^^^hmm not sure on the year buddy but nice score.. the normal barstamp arent worth a ton.. not like the totem but the plastic is pure buttah.. depending on weight if you want to part with it let me know

I don't care about worth. I just love my birds and was curious how old it was. It's going in my bag. I now carry 4 birds... Totem, 12x, star and dx's that I rotate. It's a 175 btw.

I think out of all the Teebirds ever made the Star Teebird is as good as anything. I've sold all my 10x and 11x Teebirds in the past couple years and I bag one 11x just because it's my favorite disc but the others are Star. The echo stars are really good and a little more stable.

sweet.. yeah im in the same boat dont really care just like the plastic... the new dx birds just arent the same :(

I have a bird question, I have a SE bird that seems very tacky. Im curious as to if anyone else has had a tacky SE bird and what sort of plastic blend it may be. It feels kind of like a star blend. I can post pics if needed.

Disclaimer: please excuse me if this question is in the wrong thread. mods feel free to move if needed.
Postscript: Teebirds are amazing discs.:clap:

The SE Teebirds are actually TL's. I keep two in the bag. Along with 3 11x CAL and a CE Teebird T. The plastic, when broken in, is buttery and grippy like first run CE Teebird L's. Just not near as durable. They are cool discs though.

I think out of all the Teebirds ever made the Star Teebird is as good as anything. I've sold all my 10x and 11x Teebirds in the past couple years and I bag one 11x just because it's my favorite disc but the others are Star. The echo stars are really good and a little more stable.

I will agree that the e stars are more stable. I bought mine to beat into a hyzer flip bird and its been kinda disappointing how long it's taking.

sweet.. yeah im in the same boat dont really care just like the plastic... the new dx birds just arent the same :(

I'm not a real big fan of the dx plastic. I love that it beats in quick and I love the glide, but I hate that the disc always feels slick on my thumb.

Does more stable mean straighter or more overstable? Sorry I've never know which people mean when they say more or less stable and is and echo star are champion teebird more overstable?

Does more stable mean straighter or more overstable? Sorry I've never know which people mean when they say more or less stable and is and echo star are champion teebird more overstable?

More stable means less resistant to high speed turn. So if your rhbh more stable is the disc trying to resist going right before it slows and fades left.

Over stable is a step past stable. Where it's really tough to get the high speed turn.

As far as teebirds from less stable to more over stable my experience has been like this... Dx, star, e-star, champion, totem stamp champion.

For all you Teebird lovers, I have a 171g 9/10 champ 12x I'm tryin to get rid of ;) Jus sayin Lol I do have a glow 175g Teebird that I use quite often in my overstable FW slot. Great for spike hyzers and 250ft shots where I need hard fade.

sIEBIJ0.jpg

From top left, clockwise:

Line 1: early-ish 12x (bought it in 2008), my first teebird and longest working disc in my bag,
rival? wtf is that doing here.
Line 2: LE metal flake sparkle glow, metal flake champ
2011 asia open champ TL, CAL tooling (according to innova factory store it was an old run they stamped for the asia open)
CFR champ TL
Line 3: 11x CAL tooled black cherry x-out, 12x huk lab stamp, flight number 12x, glow, star
Line 4: Bar stamp DX (?) early run. SE TeeBird, and to finish it off 2 awesome KC pro throwers. Oh, yeah, that rival flies exactly like the two kc's and the black cherry x-out. :)