• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Similarly, do you guys throw the new Echo Stars that are coming out? I've also never thrown Echo Star plastic. I'm assuming both will be less stable than Stars and Champs and that that should translate into extra distance.

I haven't thrown an Echostar Teebird, but I have an Echostar Tern. I found it to be just like Star at first. It seasoned in a little faster than Star (which ain't saying much; still took a long time), but never showed a lot less stability than Star. Others who throw Echostar Teebirds might have a different experience with those plastics, of course...

Edited to add: just remembered that I had an Echostar Valkyrie, also, and it was like Star. Its color, however, was the brown color of pine needles, so I stopped throwing it out of fear it would disappear and never be found again...

I haven't thrown an Echostar Teebird, but I have an Echostar Tern. I found it to be just like Star at first. It seasoned in a little faster than Star (which ain't saying much; still took a long time), but never showed a lot less stability than Star. Others who throw Echostar Teebirds might have a different experience with those plastics, of course...

Edited to add: just remembered that I had an Echostar Valkyrie, also, and it was like Star. Its color, however, was the brown color of pine needles, so I stopped throwing it out of fear it would disappear and never be found again...

I had and Echostar Destroyer, it has nothing to do with Echostar Teebirds.

E* Teebirds are great. Nice, even dome. They fly for days. They are a little less stable than Star, but not much.

Similarly, do you guys throw the new Echo Stars that are coming out? I've also never thrown Echo Star plastic. I'm assuming both will be less stable than Stars and Champs and that that should translate into extra distance.

I've thrown quite a few Echo Star Teebirds and also many other types of Teebirds. I haven't thrown any of the new Echo Star (didn't know there was a new run of Echo Star), but if it is anything like the Echo Star that I've thrown then Echo Star Teebirds fly the same as Star Teebirds of the same era out of the box. The difference is Echo Star breaks in a little faster.

I haven't thrown any of the new Echo Star (didn't know there was a new run of Echo Star)

I just meant the "newer" runs since the stamp change circa 2013.

Thanks for the input everyone. Sounds the EchoStars are more stable than the Gstars.

The newer Echo Star Teebirds are one of my favorite runs. They have the perfect TeeBird shape in my opinion and are super straight with a nice reliable fade at the finish. Mine have been slow to beat in too, wearing nice and evenly and just losing some lss as they age. I've been throwing one in particular for almost two years and it's just dead straight.

I haven't thrown the GStars, but if they're anything like GStar Destroyers then they will beat in fairly quickly, as others have alluded to.

Just got a 149g StarLite Teebird delivered today. Feels great, but man is does it ever have an ugly stamp. Even worse than the typical StarLite stamp; instead of the silver foil, it's a tie-dyed looking foil in rainbow colors. Screams Xanadu :(

Wipe the stamp, buy from a site that takes individual pics of each disc, or better yet buy local.

I bought a 159gr Starlite Teebird a few months ago, threw it for a few rounds and just put it away. It's more stable than all of my other Teebirds (6) and has more beef than my Banshees!

Do you guys still love your Gstar TeeBirds? I've never thrown any disc in Gstar but I'm itching to try it out. Similarly, do you guys throw the new Echo Stars that are coming out? I've also never thrown Echo Star plastic. I'm assuming both will be less stable than Stars and Champs and that that should translate into extra distance.

My experience is primarily with PFN 12x and 11x Champ TeeBirds. I can get them to 315 or so. I also have an older PFN Star that is just as stiff as any of my Champs and flies like one too. They are great discs but they are all on the stable side for me. For reference, I can get my Star Sidewinder to 350 or so.

My gstar beat in to turnover pretty quick and the plastic is a good bit softer than Echo. I recently picked up a echo star and its a full tick more stable than the well seasoned red 11x I got from you. My echo has good HSS but the LSS is about the same, as in not much left at 300'+ power:thmbup: The echo has a decent dome so I'm getting a little OAT on powered up flicks. I've got 15+ teebirds, mostly champ, and the echo has the second highest dome behind a post patent# 12x non JL just a hair higher than my three JLs.

edit: its winning its spot in my winter set up

Last edited:
Awesome! I found one in the store today after reading ferretdance03's post. Very slight dome, quite stiff, 168. Excited to give it a try!

Wipe the stamp, buy from a site that takes individual pics of each disc, or better yet buy local.

I actually did buy local (Hazy Shade in Dayton). They didn't have it at the Dayton shop, but did at their local warehouse and mailed them to me.

I just meant the "newer" runs since the stamp change circa 2013.

Thanks for the input everyone. Sounds the EchoStars are more stable than the Gstars.

I jumped on a stack of Echos right after they changed the stamp because they felt like the nice "dense" star plastic and molded up fairly flat. That type were the only ones I'd felt for a few years, and I loved singing the praises of the new echo teebirds. This was until last month when I came across a bunch of domey, cheap feeling echo birds, valks, and leopards. I'm sorry to say the ones I like are no longer current, to my knowledge.

I bought a 159gr Starlite Teebird a few months ago, threw it for a few rounds and just put it away. It's more stable than all of my other Teebirds (6) and has more beef than my Banshees!

That's a sweet sounding tbird. What weight/plastic are those banshees?

I jumped on a stack of Echos right after they changed the stamp because they felt like the nice "dense" star plastic and molded up fairly flat.

I must have found some old stock then, this is a good description of the one I picked up. Nice and stout, not cheap feeling at all.

I just put a champ glow Teebird3 in my bad after losing my Teebirds last year. The same day I received it I used it at a super windy tournament and picked up a couple birdies with it.

Latest posts