• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Two aces in the last 10 days with DX birds! Hole 2 short at TC Jester (360') and Hole 17 long at Moffitt (350'). Plus many memorable shots in between. They carry way better than any other fairway out there and aren't that much shorter than my distance drivers. Durability is the only watch out- one good tree hit makes a noticeable change in stability.
d38c7c4a364583e1e6365e3623895d50.jpg

68a6514be103071af9e3632eea67eade.jpg

The 175 DX pfn Tbird I've been throwing for years has great turnover control.

One of my oranges carried into a street and got run over. the scraping off the bottom of the wing lowered the PLH a pretty considerable amount. should be a great roller now!

Two aces in the last 10 days with DX birds! Hole 2 short at TC Jester (360') and Hole 17 long at Moffitt (350'). Plus many memorable shots in between. They carry way better than any other fairway out there and aren't that much shorter than my distance drivers. Durability is the only watch out- one good tree hit makes a noticeable change in stability.
d38c7c4a364583e1e6365e3623895d50.jpg

68a6514be103071af9e3632eea67eade.jpg

The gstar teebird I have is the most reliable disc I own but I also throw a DX that gets magical flight lines.

The gstar teebird I have is the most reliable disc I own but I also throw a DX that gets magical flight lines.

I have found GStar to very similar to DX in terms of flight- the broken Star flight w/ plus glide out of the box. I prefer the feel of DX.

I have found GStar to very similar to DX in terms of flight- the broken Star flight w/ plus glide out of the box. I prefer the feel of DX.

Both of my gstars are noticeably more stable than my dx. There is a difference between my two gstars but it's probably a safe assumption that it's down to the weight difference. The dx gets me easier turn and a bit straighter finish. The gstar has more controllable accuracy for me, especially in the wind but doesn't work for me in tight fairways like the dx does.

I'm a big fan of the pearly 11x KC Pro Teebirds so much so I now have trouble throwing any other kind of teebird (I've literally become a snob about this but hey at least I admit it). These are the perfect mix of flatness, grip, durability, and glide that make them so perfect. I will say they don't come cheap but I've picked up a few lightly used ones on Facebook for $30-$50 each which isn't too bad considering I can drop $15-$20 at my local shop on a new star or champ teebird and not get what I'm looking for out of those.

I'm a big fan of the pearly 11x KC Pro Teebirds so much so I now have trouble throwing any other kind of teebird (I've literally become a snob about this but hey at least I admit it). These are the perfect mix of flatness, grip, durability, and glide that make them so perfect. I will say they don't come cheap but I've picked up a few lightly used ones on Facebook for $30-$50 each which isn't too bad considering I can drop $15-$20 at my local shop on a new star or champ teebird and not get what I'm looking for out of those.

I've found both Luster and Color Glow Champion to meet the criteria of flat, gripping, durable, stable and glidey. The ones I've gotten were from local tourney payouts but I imagine they could be had for $15-$25 new.

I agree with you. That's the best fairway driver ever made, from my perspective. I only have a few, all with a decade of wear at this ping. A bummer that Innova isn't trying to remake that blend.

I like the Jen Allens.

My GStar Teebird is also noticeably more stable than the DX. DX is controllable turnover right out of the box, whereas GStar shows just a hint of turn and has solid fade.

I've really been liking my Pro Teebird that I got from Innova Pro Shop - right between the DX and GStar, and definitely the longest of my Teebirds on straight lines.

Also LOVING my Anthony Barela Champion Color Glow Teebird3. It is less beefy than my Star Teebird/Teebird3s but doesn't turn at all, just glides straight for longer. And the grip, stamp, and glow are awesome.

Anyone throw the Teebird in the Champion color glow plastic?

Thinking about picking up a couple of Teebirds as I've really never thrown them. My wife does and I threw some of hers (DX) and was kind of liking them other than they had a little too much high speed turn. I was throwing them flat to anywhere between 275 to 290 and they drifted a bit right on me. Hoping different plastic will turn less and I'm a sucker for the feel of the champ color glow.

Thanks.

Anyone throw the Teebird in the Champion color glow plastic?

Thinking about picking up a couple of Teebirds as I've really never thrown them. My wife does and I threw some of hers (DX) and was kind of liking them other than they had a little too much high speed turn. I was throwing them flat to anywhere between 275 to 290 and they drifted a bit right on me. Hoping different plastic will turn less and I'm a sucker for the feel of the champ color glow.

Thanks.

They are great teebirds, but might be too big a jump up from dx. Could try a pro if the color glow is too stable.

Champ and Star Teebirds have strong HSS and a moderate fade. You will not experience turn at 275-300ft distance with an average Teebird.

Thanks.

I'm actually hoping to lose the turn but maybe keep some of that glide. Was curious about the color glow specifically in the Teebird mold. I have several other discs in that plastic and really like it.

Thanks.

I'm actually hoping to lose the turn but maybe keep some of that glide. Was curious about the color glow specifically in the Teebird mold. I have several other discs in that plastic and really like it.

That glide only comes with DX birds. If they drifted a bit on a flat throw just add some hyzer to let them pop up to flat. Or find a used Champ/Star that is beat in a little. Mine have kept their HSS and lost LSS, so they fly like how people are describing the TL3.

Well, I ordered a couple of the champion color glow Teebirds so I guess I'll see what they're like when they show up.

I think what I'm hoping for is that they fly a similar line to my champion metal flake Teebird3 but with a little more glide and a touch more distance.

Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Thanks.

Try a TL. I've only thrown 2 (lost one and immediately replaced it) but they both went in my bag right away. They started off similar to a teebird, but seasoned into a teebird with more glide/less fade.

Someone else suggested a TL once. I looked at a few in my local shop. They had really flat ones and some super pop top ones. I mean I don't think I've ever seen domes like those. I didn't look at them too long because there appeared to be a lot of variance in the way they molded up.

Latest posts