• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For you roc throwers...what do you do in winter?

I've actually never had a problem gripping KC Pro Rocs when wet or cold. They are just as grippy as the good ol' DX, if not more so.

That said, I haven't tried a Roc in the new DX blend, but I have a couple BB Aviars in the blend, and they are certainly grippy. Very easily gouged, though.

I think kc rocs get more grippy when wet. Not soaked. But I always lick my fingers and get it damp for more grip. Lol. But yeah if it doesn't work buy dx!

A good friend of mine, who is damn good at the sport and been at it way longer than me, has been using a gold line Mace and loving it. He usually throws Rocs and Roc 3's and it's basically like a Roc 3 but with a better grip in the cold with amazing durability

The pro roc3's are pretty stiff in warm weather

I have noticed this myself, but they don't seem to change as much when they freeze. I stuck a few JL champ discs, a CE disc, a KC Pro, a Pro R3, and a DX roc3 out on the porch for 3 hours at ~30 degrees F. Not too cold but definitely freezing.

After they got down to temp, the JL plastic is all nearly inflexible and feels like it could break or chip. The CE is still pretty flexible, but definitely waaaay harder than at 70 degrees. Both had little to no grip, at least as far the grip I want.

Pro Roc3 still feels tacky but it is not flexible. Still grips. Same with DX Roc3. KC Pro is cold stiff and smooth as glass. All feel like they are more fragile but the pro and dx r3 have the most grip still.

I am actually a Nebula thrower, but I do not want to lose any because of the limited run nature of the disc. So I switched over to new KC Pro Rocs. Fresh ones fly almost identical to Nebulas, so I have no loss of performance, and I will not cry if I lose one. In the Spring I will switch back to Nebulas and then see if anyone wants three or so seasoned KC Pros.

After losing a 10x in the autumn leaves, I'm benching my go to 12x PF# Rocs for the winter. Trying a Mako3, Star Sanny Roc in a limited mid lineup.

How is this thread still going? The answer is you use your rocs. DX if you want, KCs are fine too.

Innova's base plastic is the best stuff ever in the winter, and that's what rocs are made of.