• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Force Love

I have a several year old Z Force in the bag that I found a couple seasons ago, I used to use it more regularly. Hadn't thrown it in several rounds and had been considering leaving it out to see if I miss it, since if I want a straighter hyzer I use a Thunderbird and for true OS flights in headwinds I use a beefcake Destroyer.

But today had a 10ish MPH head-crosswind, so decided the Force would likely ignore it and still glide better than the Destroyer. Drop in birdie on 390' FH flat to hyzer...to be fair had probably 10-15' elevation to help me, but still it was glidier than expected. Guess it's staying in the bag for continuing try outs...

Pretty interesting though how it can act beefy but if you get it over a threshold it will glide and carry more than you think.

Trying to figure out if the Kong will take the Force place in my bag. I'm much more invested in the Force, but I seem to be able to forehand the Kong just a little better. I seem to have more nose issues with the Force FH, but BH feel a lot more comfortable throwing the Force in the wind or for flex shots and long hyzers.

Trying to figure out if the Kong will take the Force place in my bag. I'm much more invested in the Force, but I seem to be able to forehand the Kong just a little better. I seem to have more nose issues with the Force FH, but BH feel a lot more comfortable throwing the Force in the wind or for flex shots and long hyzers.

You and me both. I was toying around with the force and Kong the other day. For whatever reason the Kong was zipping out of my hand easier on FHs and getting more distance.

I'd rarher not have to get invested in an entirely new mold! The force is excellent for BH shots however. And still very useable for FH.

Have you tried the Tie-dye Z ? i have 3pc of the Dye and they are all my least stable FORCEs

I have the Dye ( not that OS ), a Tour ESP ( OS ) and a Paul McBeth Z ( very OS ) . . after i found the DYEs i only have FORCEs as my distance drivers, i don´t really feel the need for a US mould anymore. . .

It turns out that Forces are being made in a way that they all fly very similar. I didnt need such a large test group. Lesson learned. Start with a smaller test group and only go big if major deviations are found.

Haha well I like a guy that's committed!! So do you blame Innova destroyer inconsistency for that excessive purchase?

Have you tried the Tie-dye Z ? i have 3pc of the Dye and they are all my least stable FORCEs

I have the Dye ( not that OS ), a Tour ESP ( OS ) and a Paul McBeth Z ( very OS ) . . after i found the DYEs i only have FORCEs as my distance drivers, i don´t really feel the need for a US mould anymore. . .

Interesting, no I have not tried any of the Dyed Z Forces. I will keep my eyes peeled and pick one up if I can.

Haha well I like a guy that's committed!! So do you blame Innova destroyer inconsistency for that excessive purchase?

Yes I do blame the Destroyers for that. I thought If I got enough Forces I would be able to figure out what If any mold consistency issues Discraft has. They do have big differences in dome height, but overall they are amazingly similar in flight.
That's part of the fun of testing though, you have to be willing to have your assumptions proven wrong.

Anyone else have a Ti Flx Force? I got one (because they don't make it in Zflx) and it's the most overstable disc I have ever thrown. Is this typical for this (rare) plastic type?

Anyone else have a Ti Flx Force? I got one (because they don't make it in Zflx) and it's the most overstable disc I have ever thrown. Is this typical for this (rare) plastic type?

I would say yes. The most OS force i ever threw was a rose colored ti. Add the flx and i would imagine it crazy OS

Ti FLX Nukes are pretty OS, I haven't thrown my buddies Ti FLX Buzzz and SS but I thinj they are pretty OS for their respective molds.

I notice a theme regarding any high speed FLX drivers. They are MASSIVELY overstable and glideless. I mean, they're an absolute chore to throw, and make your arm feel inadequate. I've thrown a Z FLX Nuke, a FLX Nuke, and a FLX Nuke SS. All were ridiculous.

I can't even imagine a Force in that plastic.

I don't feel like FLX plastic is an accurate representation of a mold.

I notice a theme regarding any high speed FLX drivers. They are MASSIVELY overstable and glideless. I mean, they're an absolute chore to throw, and make your arm feel inadequate. I've thrown a Z FLX Nuke, a FLX Nuke, and a FLX Nuke SS. All were ridiculous.

I can't even imagine a Force in that plastic.

I don't feel like FLX plastic is an accurate representation of a mold.

Ever thrown a Z FLX Nuke OS? Most predictable hyzer shot ever.

I have a sparkle Z Flx force (ledgestone 2015 I believe) it is very very OS.
I traded a friend for it, threw it once, said nope. Got Pauly to sign it and am gonna regift it to my friend.

Anyone notice the new stiff swirly ESP is coming out more stable than Z? Or do I have a freak mellow Z Force?

It's not you. I've got a beastly flat swirl ESP force that's beefy. Compared to a fresh Paul Mcbeth Z force that's actually quite workable and not as stable as the old Z pop tops.

How do these fly in Pro-D? I had a Pro-D Nuke that was beat DX Leopard flippy out of the box.

I have one I bought at a going out of business sale (sad).

173 or so, it has been a fun disc to throw. I don't have the power for a Z Force, but Pro D beats in so fast, they become a pretty neutral flyer quickly, without developing high speed turn. It just gets longer and straighter each round(I only throw it for particular holes). I've had it in the bag 6 months or so.

Eventually I expect it will turn over and never return, but it hasn't happened yet.

Latest posts