• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Force Love

From my experience, all of Discraft/DGA flydyes mold up with more glide. The lack of color injection make them cool different as well as they usually have a minimalist stamp.

I always buy Discraft fly dyes, when I can find them.

Going all in on the Force based on a sample of one? I applaud you!

Order one to test and if i like it order some more in different plastics and try, how else could I do it?
I'm not sponsored and can't get a large sample stock to try and then pick out 'the good ones'

It's super frustrating to buy a disc that you come to like. . And then you can't find a disc that flies like that first one again
To find 3-5 disc that actually flies the same is harder than it should be

From my experience, all of Discraft/DGA flydyes mold up with more glide. The lack of color injection make them cool different as well as they usually have a minimalist stamp.

I always buy Discraft fly dyes, when I can find them.

I do feel like the fly dye Z feels very different from normal Z, different grip and texture

Going to make an order for a few different FORCEs today...just hoping all the fly dyes flies like mine does and the ESP and sig Z is more OS
Maybe a OS FORCE can kick my Predator out of the bag and I can make those utility shots with a OS FORCE instead

Hmmmm kinda like the other guys have hinted any Force should be more overstable than a Predator so that should be no problem for you.. Maybe it has something to do with the 169 weight. Especially if your Predator is elite X they were less stable than the Z's. If it's FLX it may be more stable. Interesting breakover point for a torqued shot on a Z Predator it is less stable than a Force but thrown flat etc it's consistently more stable just less torquemonkey resistant. I am also very fond of the feel of the Force.

Last edited:
My two Z Predators ( one flat, one domy. .both 170g ) is WAY more OS than the Fly Dye FORCE i got. .it´s not even close

My two Z Predators ( one flat, one domy. .both 170g ) is WAY more OS than the Fly Dye FORCE i got. .it´s not even close

the Predator is a 2.5 and the Force is a 2.0...so even if you're getting them both up to speed (most people won't with a force anyway) the predator is basically always going to have a more overstable flight path.

Order one to test and if i like it order some more in different plastics and try, how else could I do it?

I follow a similar pattern, that's why I have too many discs that I don't throw.

My ESP predator definitely starts fading sooner than my ESP force, i can get the force to turn a tiny bit before it comes back. The pred just has that classic forward slicing fade that kicks in sooner.

Fly dyes can be oddly inconsistent across the board. I have a 167g Z Flick that is more OS than my 175g Ti Flicks. I also have a dyed Z glide too that is surprisingly stable for such a flippy mold. There was talks about how that older clear Z plastic molds up more stable.

My ESP predator definitely starts fading sooner than my ESP force, i can get the force to turn a tiny bit before it comes back. The pred just has that classic forward slicing fade that kicks in sooner.

Fly dyes can be oddly inconsistent across the board. I have a 167g Z Flick that is more OS than my 175g Ti Flicks. I also have a dyed Z glide too that is surprisingly stable for such a flippy mold. There was talks about how that older clear Z plastic molds up more stable.

I have a dyed Z Flick that I had to take out of my bag. Damn thing was borderline flippy. It didn't do any of the things I want a Flick to do.

OTOH, I have a dyed Z Crank that is a beefy, glideless turd.

I won't say that dyed discs are all bad, but I've definitely thrown some aberrant ones.

Got two more fly dye Z and one normal Z FORCE today
I noticed that all 3 fly dye Z has a totaly flat flightplate. . the regular Z has a slight dome
I just hope my two new fly dye Z has the same flight as my first one and that the normal Z is more OS

The older pop top Z forces that doss, mcbeth, and turner throw are definately one of the more reliably OS forces.

These are awesome my buddy has a fair bit. They glide for days and they feel great.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

You guys.

How are the new swirly ESP forces flying? The wind has been strong here the last few weeks and even my beefier destroyers are popping up a bit from hyzer into a strong headwind. I've been eyeing a star xcal or SPD2 for these windy days, but I wouldn't be opposed to one of these swirly beauties.

For reference I max out around 400'

How are the new swirly ESP forces flying? The wind has been strong here the last few weeks and even my beefier destroyers are popping up a bit from hyzer into a strong headwind. I've been eyeing a star xcal or SPD2 for these windy days, but I wouldn't be opposed to one of these swirly beauties.

For reference I max out around 400'

I have not thrown a lot of Forces, but if your baseline is needing to go more OS than a Destroyer, then on paper I would always lean toward a PD2.

Forces can turn a bit then hold and be good drivers in wind but I think they turn easier than PD2's...I haven't thrown many Forces though. The XCal also can beat in eventually to hold straighter. If you want hyzer in wind then PD2 is likely better. I haven't thrown enough to know runs/etc. Just they are generally good in wind in my small experience.

Anyone know if the Force has ever been made in Z FLX? I really like my drivers flexy, currently using a G-line PD2 for this spot but a Z FLX force could be great.

Anyone know if the Force has ever been made in Z FLX? I really like my drivers flexy, currently using a G-line PD2 for this spot but a Z FLX force could be great.

There was a Ledgestone run a couple/few years back of Sparkle Z FLX Forces. I bought a couple from Marshall Street last year for $7.99 when Discraft was on nobody's radar. I'd imagine that they're sold out, but you might be able to find one somewhere.

There are some Ti FLX forces out there still. Although I have heard they are fairly glideless. My sparkle Z-FLX is very OS. Would fly more stable than a G-PD2.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

You guys.

destroyer-market-tanking-invest-in-forces.jpg

Took all my new FORCEs out to try today:

All 3 Fly dyes 169g flies the same, just straight with a nice controllable fade at the end( and very nice skip )
The normal 172g Z is more OS, but not that much more

The FORCE should be much to OS for my slow arm, but it works :) . . it even works for my super bad FH, i think i´m just going to use the FORCE and PIG as my FH discs and start to throw them FH a LOT more