• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Help, need to get to 400ft!

TroyMcClure

My buddy took this video and now I am asking for help on it.

I max out at 370 ish on flat ground. Granted...this hole is like 600ft downhill, I dont throw flat ground well.

Thanks!
Cliff

it might be most helpful to get some video on flat ground 1 and 2 have more than one throw. 3 try and get the other side of you in frame, you know where all the magic is happening

What might I remember you from? It's a little difficult to judge things because of the throw and camera angle. One thing is that you reachback too early and look a bit stiff. You should be loose and hitting max reachback as the plant foot lands.

Yeah better camera angle, flat ground, more then one:wall:. He just took a video. I figured I give it to DGCR and see what happens.

Thanks!!!

You might remember me from such disc golf videos, such as "Django In The Chains" or "The Dark Knight Hyzer"

Hole #2 at the Treehouz. Very fun to play, awesome tourney this last weekend.. Your drive looked good to me, I would be happy with that shot every time.

From the video you posted it looks like you have a bit of a slowdown in your run up right before your plant foot lands, then you speed up again. There might be some room in your form to get your elbow out a little farther on the pull through to allow the disc to get a little closer to your chest, that should let you get a few more mph on your throw.

Just my .02 from what I could see. Cheers.

I don't know if it's normal for you, or a compensation for the downhill shot, but your pull-through being across your belt buckle can't help you get max D.

Latest posts