• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Free disc fun.. MVP distance driver xmas giveaway

i like free stuff! merry xmas

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Orbital is a little hard to tame in being very understable so i hear that! Tailwind and lower power throws are just $. Literally a flick of the wrist FH on a little hyzer and it takes off! So fun to throw long standstill BH shots with limited reach or bad footing in the woods.

I sprained my ankle, badly, playing a quick round during a break in Xmas.
I was at the exact furthest point from where I parked when it happened, too.
So, since it was a new course for me, I figured I might as well try to play my way back... I used the Orbital for exactly this. Standstill from the tee and unable to put any weight on my right foot, I still got 275 accurately rhbh with it!

I was not at all interested in the Orbital until I saw your video, AIM, looks like you crushed it. I never throw anything that fast, barely use my Wrath and Inertias, but there are a few holes I think it would bomb. And I love that Skullboy stamp. That being said, you should give it to someone who doesn't have an entire bag of gyro to get them hooked, instead of me, whose bag is almost completely converted.

Has any manufactor tried overmolding for a driver, like the Ion putter. Innova could use dragon/hydra plastic for the plate, low density and grippy. Then use champion or some other dense plastic for the wing, to retain wing shape. Higher density plastic on the wing would increase gyroscopic effect. Think of all the cool color combos you could get too.

They should try it with the Katana first since that's how they are made. High carbon steel on the outside for edge retention and softer, more mild steel as a backbone so the blade can flex.

Posted in 2010

Standstill from the tee and unable to put any weight on my right foot, I still got 275 accurately rhbh with it!

I threw my Orbital over 350 from a standstill my last round. It was incredible. But it was also 150 feet off course. :p (Still saved par, thanks to a sweet approach, and a clutch putt)

If you can get the angles right, a disc like the Orbital goes forever.

^ thanks for the laugh.
smiley-laughing001.gif

Anything to brighten your day, Bender. (Might have been 375. It was my second longest throw ever)

congrats and thanks for playing everyone!

Never thrown this brand before. It's always intrigued me with the different black rim. Just never brought myself to do it.
1st pick
Would just like to get my hands on some MVP, no place around here to get a feel for them.
2Nd pick
Ive never given mvp/ axiom a shot.
Random thrower

Ill get in touch with those users above. Once i clean out some other stock maybe do this again around spring. Have a nice week everyone!

Congrats to the winners. Thanks to Aim for giving so many a chance to score plastic.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to win cool plastic Aim. :thmbup:

I look forward to the next giveaway... maybe I'll have better luck next time. :\

I don't know if this is still going on, but I would love to try some of your disc. I am an old fart and I am trying to figure out which of these disc to throw. I have tried lots of different disc, but have yet to find the right one for me. Thanks for doing your contest, and for being a valuable contributor to this site.

Tracking shows today/tomorrow for deliveries.

Enjoy the goodies winners and everyone have a happy/safe new years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts