• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FREE VINYL!!!!

I actually did a photochop of that with Alex Smiths face on it when they were making fun of him calling him "the lion" a couple years ago. Dont seem to have it anymore but it was my forum avatar on the 49ers board before I changed it.

Also took a pic of VD and put the predators face under the facemask. That was cool. Wish I kept it.

Wouldn't this be a better representation of Lion fans?

The+Wizard+of+Oz.jpg

I have two rolls that I haven't even tried yet, I've been using up the last of my old stuff. I thought I saw somewhere in this thread about the lines blurring, but I can't seem to find it now. Did anybody have problems with that and how did you fix it?

I haven't had any problems with blurring. My Okthrowberfest disc was done with the vinyl from 3M. My only problem is edge (of the disc) bleeds which I have a feeling has to do with me and not the vinyl.

jabanger, are the discs you're getting the bleeds on the edge new discs? if they're used, there might be a sharp or rough patch on the disc that pokes through your vinyl

Most of them are used and that's what I expected. Although the last 2 dyes (new discs) I have done have turned out better except for the Okthrowberfest which I think most of the bleeds on that disc are coming from the bottom the headstone being so close to the edge of the disc. But I did still have some bleeding in area's that weren't near any cuts so it's hard to say. That's what caused me to do the background that I did on the disc. Just trial and error I guess. lol.

Got home yesterday to 2 big ass rolls of vinyl waiting on my porch! Been using clear vinyl, wondering how the white opaque will work for me... placed my order exactly one week ago!

I got a 6 month after you got your free stuff follow up phone call today. Guy asked how I liked the vinyl and I told him the controltac stuff didnt work so well for my purpose and he asked why and i said it caused streaking.

He sid he would call back in a few more months and see how i liked to other roll

I got a 6 month after you got your free stuff follow up phone call today. Guy asked how I liked the vinyl and I told him the controltac stuff didnt work so well for my purpose and he asked why and i said it caused streaking.

He sid he would call back in a few more months and see how i liked to other roll

this is what I was refering to with the streaking. how did you avoid this or did this stuff just not work for you? What kind did you order?

He seemed to kinda understand, I told him discs are only so big. So the amount of vinyl he sent me will last for a while. HOPE IT DOESNT CHANGE THE AMOUNT THEY SEND OUT IN THE FUTURE!!!

I was gonna have my room mate send away for some, any one know if vinyl goes "bad"?

I'm sure if you don't keep it in a place with drastic temp changes you should be fine. I'm gonna have my fiancee' order some when we move and maybe even have my Mom order some too.

He seemed to kinda understand, I told him discs are only so big. So the amount of vinyl he sent me will last for a while. HOPE IT DOESNT CHANGE THE AMOUNT THEY SEND OUT IN THE FUTURE!!!

I was gonna have my room mate send away for some, any one know if vinyl goes "bad"?

Many of the 3M high performance series vinyls have a 1-year shelf life for uncut vinyl, and another 1 year after cutting.

FY!:

3M's original Controltac vinyl had a grid-like pattern on the backer (and adhesive as a result) that allowed air bubbles to escape. Most of the Controltac vinyl available now has a slight wavy texture on the backer that achieves the same effect. This is why the Controltac tends to bleed, since the dye can get in the same way as the air was meant to get out.

Also, as long as you don't store vinyl in any extreme temps or extreme high humidity, it should be fine, at least for the shelf life I mentioned above. Old vinyl (more than a couple years) can tend to get brittle, and is harder to work with.

This all comes from working in the sign/vinyl industry full-time for four years, hope it helps.

how do you dye a disc with the vinyl? Am I just dense?
Never mind, I get it now. I didn't see some of the other posts. I am just dense.

Last edited:

Latest posts