• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

From long term players: Knee pain?

stools and benches make my knees hurt. It's easier on me to just stand

That's funny---standing hurts me worse! I'd rather walk 5 miles than stand still for 10 minutes; the latter kills my knees and back.

That's funny---standing hurts me worse! I'd rather walk 5 miles than stand still for 10 minutes; the latter kills my knees and back.

yeah I'm with Hysell on this one ... I can stand forever. When I sit for even a minute and go to stand up my knees resist! I don't even carry my camp time stool anymore.

Well...you can count me in on DavidSauls theory here. I can't stand standing. :\

I guess it's evidence of my first post on this thread, where I said there are a "myriad of possiblities...." when it comes to knee pain.

I do experience knee pain in my right knee, but I'm think this is more related to a loss of strength in hammy/quads, etc. I don't do squats like I used to and the muscles keeping the knee happy aren't as developed. Stretch those hammies out and do some leg exercises.

I do experience knee pain in my right knee, but I'm think this is more related to a loss of strength in hammy/quads, etc. I don't do squats like I used to and the muscles keeping the knee happy aren't as developed. Stretch those hammies out and do some leg exercises.
My problems was more of the stabilizing muscles than the big ones. My PT had me starting with hip exercises, extremely shallow (like 1.5"" of movement) single leg squats and balancing on one leg on various foamy type materials. I had to work up to doing squats with my back on a yoga ball up against a wall. Some exercises can be counterproductive depending on your specific situation and the rehab time can be quite long which is why I recommend seeing a doctor ASAP. Waiting a couple months might make it too late to be better by spring.

Latest posts