• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ft. Lauderdale 4/23

DiscAndDabs

Bogey Member
I will be in Ft. Lauderdale Friday night the 22nd of april. Getting a rental car for Saturday then we leave Sunday on our cruise.

Looking to golf 2 courses saturday. What would you recommend that's within say 30 mins of the ft lauderdale airport? We are staying at the hilton down the road.

Also, anything we should check out while we are there? Food? Sights? Whatever? Thanks!

Markham Park
Plantation Heritage Park
Easterling Park

Markham and Heritage are not very far from each other and are more open with challenging basket locations.

Easterling is super tight with lots of trees and some water

Jet Stream at Snyder Park is also a good option just a few miles south of the airport. I am probably playing league Saturday morning, but will be free in the afternoon for another round if you want to hit me up. That course does need a little more breaking into, whereas the other three are well broken into. Easterlin is a par 54 course that gets really tight on the back nine, while Markham and Heritage are a little more open. All three offer good OB challenge with paths and water, really fun to play. Won't go wrong with any of those.

Jet Stream isn't bad, but it's got quite a few holes that are over grown (be prepared to spend time searching for discs) and doesn't have the easiest navigation. It's definitely more challenging than Markham or Heritage. If you're an intermediate level player, you'll have a good time at Heritage and Markham. My 2.0 rating for Markham was based on the original 9 hole layout. I need to update that it 3.0 now that I've played the 18 hole layout. I don't think any of the courses in Broward county are > 3.0.

Jet Stream at Snyder Park is also a good option just a few miles south of the airport. I am probably playing league Saturday morning, but will be free in the afternoon for another round if you want to hit me up. That course does need a little more breaking into, whereas the other three are well broken into. Easterlin is a par 54 course that gets really tight on the back nine, while Markham and Heritage are a little more open. All three offer good OB challenge with paths and water, really fun to play. Won't go wrong with any of those.

I will definitely keep that in mind and keep you posted on possible times.

I appreciate the help.

Jet Stream isn't bad, but it's got quite a few holes that are over grown (be prepared to spend time searching for discs) and doesn't have the easiest navigation. It's definitely more challenging than Markham or Heritage. If you're an intermediate level player, you'll have a good time at Heritage and Markham. My 2.0 rating for Markham was based on the original 9 hole layout. I need to update that it 3.0 now that I've played the 18 hole layout. I don't think any of the courses in Broward county are > 3.0.

I like challenging. I'm a 970ish rated golfer. I don't mind tight courses as long as it's not a bunch of poke and hopes. I like having actual disc golf lines and not trick shots haha.

Appreciate the help man!

FWIW - Jet Stream has it's share of tight'n'technical, but they were pretty fair in that regard. The real issue (when I played) was how overgrown the holes were down some of those fairways... so that you even spend time looking for good shots.

That said, it's very close to the airport, and you'll love hole #3.

If Tradewinds is dry, it's a 3.5 course, but it's not dry often. Course in great shape right now for the Sizzler next weekend, Tradewinds would be a little farther north but still right around 1/2 hour from the airport.

Latest posts