• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

At my home course Pinnacle there is a bench next to the tee pad on #14. This summer I made a upshot on #13 that landed under the basket. When I get to the basket I see two people screwing on the bench for #14, so I picked up my disc and quietly made my way to #14. They never knew I was there even when I was in front of them on the tee pad, so I said to the girl "hey those are some nice boobies". They look up and start grabbing for clothes, and I say "Well I guess judging by the fact that you are getting dressed, you are not going to invite me to join in, so I will just throw my drive and be out of your way". The look on her face when I said that was priceless. I threw and left, and did not look back, but I hope they moved on since there was a group about three holes behind me. A few weeks later I was at my buddies auto shop hanging out and lo and behold she walks in the door to inquire about some auto work. I get up off my stool and head for the door and as I am passing by her I tell my buddy that I am heading out to go play some disc golf. She turned red as an apple. Once again... PRICELESS.

hey man, i told you that story and you call it your own...

I was playing Middletown Park in Maryland with two friends. About 100 feet down the first fairway is a couple rolling around on a blanket. We waited for a minute while making harrrumph sounds and finally I said "Okay, I'm going." The little devil on my shoulder (the same one that makes people run into parked cars on the expressway) made sure that my throw went about 4 feet over the pair of them. My two buddies wisely decided that we were skipping this hole. Funny part is that the couple never stopped or said anything even though it was clear that the dude saw/heard/felt the disc go right over top of them.

i didn't realize anyone but VEVO got paid for putting videos on YouTube.

Sigh. Not everyone makes movies or shorts or whatever to make a profit. Some people are trying to showcase their "talents" in hopes of getting paid work down the line. Some people think they are so funny that the world has to see even if they don't get paid. Some just plain enjoy making these types of things. Some are school projects that people want to share. This is staged.

during a round at Aquatic Park in Berkeley, CA, I lost my disc on hole 12 in the bushes by the train tracks and walked in on a dude giving another guy a b.j. Scared the **** out of me! At least they freaked out and left so I was able to get my disc. That park is ****ed up.

Crazy...

Last summer a couple of friends and myself were out at the local course. Just as we were getting ready to tee off on hole six we noticed some yelling near the local zoo off to our left. We then noticed a husky girl, probably in her early twenties, screaming at her boyfriend. We THEN noticed she was holding a bat in her hands. At that time, we all realized that we were about to see some crazy stuff go down. She was yelling about how he had cheated on her or hit her, one of the two. She then charged him with the bat swinging wildly. He started backing away while trying to avoid the bat but she caught him good in the shoulder or arm. Then, he started running away with her chasing. As he was running away she hit him again in the back, causing him to fall down. A few more swings and his head was busted open and he took multiple blows to his upper body. He finally managed to get away and the girl took off in her car. We all stood there silent, expecting to see someone get murdered, but luckily for him he got away. I created an account on this website just to share this experience...it was one of the craziest/weirdest thing I've ever seen...anywhere.

Today while scouting a local property I have mapped and layed out for a new course in the desert I pulled up in the dirt parking lot and saw a bunch of stuff moving 350' away near the first pin location. As I got out of my truck I saw a big rabbit booking it up a hill and 40-50' behind it two big coyotes hot in pursuit. They crossed over the hill so I never had a chance to see if the Coyotes got theirselves some dinner.

Im considering incorporating Coyote in the name of the course.

Last summer a couple of friends and myself were out at the local course. Just as we were getting ready to tee off on hole six we noticed some yelling near the local zoo off to our left. We then noticed a husky girl, probably in her early twenties, screaming at her boyfriend. We THEN noticed she was holding a bat in her hands. At that time, we all realized that we were about to see some crazy stuff go down. She was yelling about how he had cheated on her or hit her, one of the two. She then charged him with the bat swinging wildly. He started backing away while trying to avoid the bat but she caught him good in the shoulder or arm. Then, he started running away with her chasing. As he was running away she hit him again in the back, causing him to fall down. A few more swings and his head was busted open and he took multiple blows to his upper body. He finally managed to get away and the girl took off in her car. We all stood there silent, expecting to see someone get murdered, but luckily for him he got away. I created an account on this website just to share this experience...it was one of the craziest/weirdest thing I've ever seen...anywhere.
Welcome to dgcr!

Would this course have been in Amarillo by any chance?

What is with all the banging on DG courses :|. The course I go to 75% of the time gets so much traffic during the summer at least that no one in their right mind who has ever been to it would do that there. But then again they are probably somewhere on a trail out there instead since I don't think those get as much traffic.

during a round at Aquatic Park in Berkeley, CA, I lost my disc on hole 12 in the bushes by the train tracks and walked in on a dude giving another guy a b.j. Scared the **** out of me! At least they freaked out and left so I was able to get my disc. That park is ****ed up.

I found a bunch of dead rats on that course about 15-20 years ago.

Yelling... near a zoo... and she was holding a bat?... First time I read this story, I thought to myself... "why is she holding a bat? (winged, nocturnal creature, sometimes found in a zoo) And why is she going to attack someone with it?" :doh:

Great post dude!

Me and GDPena were playing a glow round at Hudson Mills and were almost run down by a big ass group of deer between #11 & 12 on the Monster. It would've been cooler if they were beng chased by a fat girl with a bat.

Hmm don't think I posted this, but back in the fall we found a dead really fat raccoon laying just off a path between trees to the left placement of hole 16 at hiestand park.

Yelling... near a zoo... and she was holding a bat?... First time I read this story, I thought to myself... "why is she holding a bat? (winged, nocturnal creature, sometimes found in a zoo) And why is she going to attack someone with it?" :doh:

The mention of the zoo got me thinking the same thing. I thought a vulture was gonna swoop down and eat the bat or something.

I thought this basket was kinda funny. How many times have you had to climb up to retrieve your disc from the basket?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5slamma/5361266219/

One time at a certain Michigan Metropark I walked into the restroom at the Public/Ranger building, went to the urinal section and was confronted by a giant stool sticking out of one of the urinals! I had heard about this sorta thing, but had never seen it before this fateful day.

I immeadiately left the restroom and went to the Rangers desk and thought real hard about what words to use to explain the dilema. "There is a........stool.......sticking out of one of the urinals!?! The Ranger whos exact words were "Oh my god!!! You, go take care of that" he said as he pointed to an unfortunate park employee! The poor guy headed out with his cleaning gear and his head hung low. I still lol everytime I retell the story!

Latest posts