• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Fuse Alternative

whatariot7

Hello fellow Lat 64 fanatics,

As of late, I have been increasingly uncomfortable and inaccurate when throwing my Fuse. I use it mostly for approaches and the occasional short drive because I like the glide, but bottom line it is NOT comfortable in my hands. Do you guys have any recommendations in the Lat 64 department for Mid-Range/Approach shots? Perhaps something closer to a driver in terms of rim shape? My local shop is fortunate to carry SOME Lat plastic, but it is not comprehensive so I will probably end up taking a gamble online.

Thanks for the help!

I found the Truth to be more "driver-feely" than I expected and it's at least similar to a Fuse. It's a DD disc but Lat plastic.

Disclaimer: I haven't had a ton of time with it yet.

Did you like what it did for you before this? Maybe you should work on figuring out what you're doing different that's making it increasingly uncomfortable and inaccurate. That way, you don't pick up a new mid, and have this problem again down the road when your form does something else different.
Maybe you're trying to throw the Fuse more like you're throwing your drivers? They're not meant to be powered and cranked on.

as a previous lat lover and fuse fanboy I can suggest an MVP axis or tangent depending on your power level and desired stability. Fuses can be a little more OS in 180g+ opto where light GL are very understable specially in regards to the low speed fade which range from -1/+1

Try a tangent if you want a more midrange like flight or an axis if you want a more driver-ish flight.

FWIW I threw the crap out of fuses for big D and all kinds of lines etc and the glide of a fuse is unmatched by most similar style mids which actually why I dropped it and found them hard to range sometimes specially in any wind.

FWIW I threw the crap out of fuses for big D and all kinds of lines etc and the glide of a fuse is unmatched by most similar style mids which actually why I dropped it and found them hard to range sometimes specially in any wind.

Wish I had problems like yours :D

lol- LoPan I see you said fuses can't be cranked on but I will have to respectfully disagree as that was something I loved about them (and the tangent/axis) is the fact that you can compensate a lot for the turn given enough hyzer release and get some ridiculously long straight shots due their solid HSS.

Best shot I ever watched was a 700' hyzer flip down hill at HSSA #18 which sat down just outside the circle pin high and hardly moved 20' off the line down the hill.

Damn maybe I need to get a fuse again'

I suppose inaccurate is rather vague. Because I am unable get a comfortable grip on this disc (and most of the time I'm not "ripping" it), my release point varies. It seems each time I hold the disc, I hold it differently- in an effort to find a grip that works. I've been throwing this disc for 4 months now.

and for the trolls who are going to say "he asked lat/WS/DD" only reason I suggest another company outside of EURO stuff is the fact they have so many molds now I couldn't even begin to review or compare them all and starting to become the over-seas innova IMO. Their quality and consistency was much better in years past but ill leave that agreement alone.

Support the little guys in the USA'

Okay, while they can be cranked on, and I've done it a couple times, it's exceedingly diffficult to get that one right, for me anyway. 80% of the time I grip-lock or OAT the crap out of it...I think there's a mental hurdle associated with its neutrality/US that makes me do that...
...I just picked up 3 more of them... :doh:
I do make a point to throw it alot in a round when I feel my form has gone to crap, and I need a stark indicator of it...

I suppose inaccurate is rather vague. Because I am unable get a comfortable grip on this disc (and most of the time I'm not "ripping" it), my release point varies. It seems each time I hold the disc, I hold it differently- in an effort to find a grip that works. I've been throwing this disc for 4 months now.

Are you power gripping? If so, try using a different kind of grip like the birdie grip.

Did you like what it did for you before this? Maybe you should work on figuring out what you're doing different that's making it increasingly uncomfortable and inaccurate. That way, you don't pick up a new mid, and have this problem again down the road when your form does something else different.
Maybe you're trying to throw the Fuse more like you're throwing your drivers? They're not meant to be powered and cranked on.

I like the flight path, if anything I would want something a touch more stable. I can say I'm not trying to crank it, as I have before, and don't like the result- speaking for the recycled plastic. When I grip the disc, I usually go to a controlled power grip. When I use a typical putter grip, I can't quite seem to get the power I need ( or what the disc needs, despite the glide)

Okay, your initial post made it seem like to started out throwing it accurately and well.
If that's not the case, then take Aim's advice and just try some new mids...If you're able, go to a store and hold them in your hand so you can feel them. Like he said, the mid market has exploded in recent years. So it's just a matter of finding what fits your hand.
I spent nearly a year looking for an OS (but not beefcake) mid that I liked. It took DD making the Verdict to find one I liked the feel of...

best answer I'd have to say.:thmbup::thmbup:

Is the Fuse the only mid you throw regularly?

This is the only mid I throw, unfortunately. I am a college student, and don't have lots of $$ to be spending on discs (though I would love to.) I'm hoping to be able to expand my quantity of discs in the near future. With that being said, I like to manipulate discs instead of swapping them.

send me your address whatariot and ill send you a tangent. If you don't like it just send it back otherwise keep it and throw the crap out of the best mid released this year ;)

What about the Tursas?
I dropped Fuses for the Tursas. I found it faster, longer and better glide

Latest posts