• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Future Dyes

demotivational-posters-stop-it-makes-my-brain-cry.jpg

Negative. Looks like anice dye for someone with a plotter. I don't have the patience for that.

I have a plotter and I have this one saved to try out. Not positive what I am going to do it on yet or just how to work the image onto a disc since a mostly grey disc seems impossible to find. I am contemplating doing it with yellow and blue squares instead of the white and black and putting it onto a clear Vector I have.

I have a plotter and I have this one saved to try out. Not positive what I am going to do it on yet or just how to work the image onto a disc since a mostly grey disc seems impossible to find. I am contemplating doing it with yellow and blue squares instead of the white and black and putting it onto a clear Vector I have.

I think the colors have something to do with the illusion. maybe a white disc with gray background and black/gray squares

This was the third image I tried when I first got my plotter... The photo doesn't do it much justice and it was dyed on a used/beat disc, the effect was much better in person.

picture.php

Believe it or not, that is Royal Blue on a really stiff dx-like glow disc (I don't remember which mold). 5 minutes for the light blue, 15 minutes for the dark.

I just got a vinyl plotter but unfortunately all my disc are already dyed so I've just been stock piling the designs till i get some fresh plastic.
armystar.png

circlefire.png

DGswirl.png

nuclear.png

nvidiastar.png

I do all my cutting by hand so I keep the designs pretty simple. Here are the ones I am doing this weekend. Along with trying the shaving cream technique

Attachments

• leopard.jpg
    leopard.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Stencil___hello_kitty_yakuza_by_quietzs.jpg
    Stencil___hello_kitty_yakuza_by_quietzs.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 17
I do all my cutting by hand so I keep the designs pretty simple. Here are the ones I am doing this weekend. Along with trying the shaving cream technique

Have fun with leopard one I did almost that exact one. But I went with a different leopard one that I googled.

If you check my profile you can look at all the discs I have done by hand and this leopard isn't the hardest

I've seen this concept done before, and I've probably spent about a year trying to figure out how to best render my own custom loxodromes. At last! I have figured it out. :thmbup:
picture.php

I'll likely start off by attempting a single loxodrome on a disc. I'm a little uncertain how I'll go about dyeing the gradient portions though... Perhaps either do a bunch of consecutive short dips, like I did with the Marley and Garcia portraits, or reattempt the brush-on method (which I've tried once before, but found to be a little too finicky for my liking)... Otherwise, maybe I'll somehow devise a way to utilize something like MOON's gradient tool??? :confused: Not sure how that'd work though because of the overlapping gradients of the foreground and background spirals... Maybe remask between two dips running in opposite directions? Who knows...

With any success, it'll be fun incorporating some of these into future projects. :clap:

carnage and venom. both on one disc, got carnage done. workin on venom

Attachments

• carnage (1).gif
    carnage (1).gif
    20 KB · Views: 16
  • venom 1.JPG
    venom 1.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts