• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Future Dyes

ZIG-ZAG-ORIGINAL.jpg

would also love a zag dye

Not if you use my line cutting tool. I swear i've mentioned it in multiple places.
Mini locking pliers + 2 exacto blades = instant fine line by hand. space with another razor or other flat piece of metal for wider lines.

so i was literally just thinking that it would be great if there was someway to cut thin lines with 2 blades at a time. Is that what the link is about? It doesnt seem to be working for me.

also, im interested in some 3D designs. Are these created on photoshop? I have the program but haven't played with it much... I really like this thread. Im constantly looking for good dye ideas, but I find it hard to read every page hoping to find that gold. If only there was an easier way to get templates.

Which brings me to my next question. Can you take the picture of a disc with the dye pattern you desire and turn it into a template. I can see it being done easily enough, but i think there would be issues.

so, i've been going thru some pages and got more good ideas.

Here my one of my first dyes. This proves that these images go to good use. Also, I added a loch ness to the champion monster.
stff015.jpg

Heres the specific 3D image im looking for currently

disc.jpg

Heres another "wish I had on a disc" image. Now I have been thinking and I know that it is possible to put real pictures on discs. I have seen this before at tournaments and its really cool. Now i looked it up and from what I could see this is only available thru innova and discraft and you have to order enough for a tournament. I could be wrong tho, anyone know anything about this?
16-ultima-online-wallpaper-1.jpg

Heres the specific 3D image im looking for currently

Most people will share their stencils if you ask nicely, they rarely are their own images. Also, learn how to use your image editing software. Even the most basic ones have some very powerful features built in. I did these this morning in about 30min, the dots aren't aligned perfectly but close enough.

Attachments

• dots2a.jpg
    dots2a.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 58
  • dots2b.jpg
    dots2b.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 47
  • dots2c.jpg
    dots2c.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 46
I had the idea the other night, and am going to start working on the drawing soon, for a 3D rubik's cube coming out of the center of a disc corner first. It's easy enough, and I'll probably be able to freehand it onto the vinyl with just a ruler and marker.
Oh, how I love the cube designs. Dan's cubes got me into dyeing, and now I'll be dyeing my first original artwork.

Anyone ever make a Wayne Coyen or Flaming Lips dye?

One with Wayne and maybe their stage back drop or some confetti or something to make it physcadellic would be sweet.

Maybe even a Christmas on Mars version.

Attachments

• Wayne Coyen1.jpg
    Wayne Coyen1.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Wayne Coyen 2.jpg
    Wayne Coyen 2.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Wayne Coyen 4.jpg
    Wayne Coyen 4.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 13
I'm looking for a good Calvin and Hobbes image, what a miserable evening I'm having ;) If I threw a shark I'd do this.
Sharks.gif

And for Wayne what about in the ball???

Attachments

• wayne.jpg
    wayne.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 34
wth Angelfire, it worked the first time???

Sharks and snowmen...

Attachments

• sharks.jpg
    sharks.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 81
  • townflk.jpg
    townflk.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 84
This turned up in an image search, thought for sure it was a disc. I had no idea they were doing this to bowling balls but then obviously, I'm not a golfer.

5502.back.large.jpg

Latest posts