• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Game on with Archon

I felt that i turned my star archon over too easy even when thrown with hyzer...then i lost it. I have since gotten a Champ sparkle archon that I am in love with, just effortless bombs

champs are where it's at.... you really have to hyzer a relatively beat in star to get a straightish flight out of it

i do prefer the stars for flex shots, if you have a ton of room you can get some crazy D.

I found a place that has a ton of first runs and bought a few to do field work with.

I can FH this disc with great accuracy and get it out there BH.

I really like the Archon, works great for me. Mine are all variations of white with a tinge of mint green and cool versions of foil, one nice oily.

Water in play in my area and It has not flown away to sea so it's not an albatross... Discs that keep getting returned to the bag with smiles continue to stay there pushing other discs out.

I am learning new (to me) techniques in disc golf and five Archons are going to help.

It's a good disc for me, I'm going to dedicate time working with it in the field.

My 161 Archon gets flippy but I to take it there with a slight anny release. These are still hyzer'ing for me with a flat release. I don't think they are all that understable; I rock really pretty hyzer lines with them. My 171 is quite stable and when I need a 300-350 feet hyzer it's the one I go to.

My 168g Star is definitely more stable than my 168g Am Worlds Champ. The former loves to flip up to a flat line and then finish with a moderate fade. The latter can perform some massive anhyzers and huge bomb hyzer flips as well.

My 168g Star is definitely more stable than my 168g Am Worlds Champ. The former loves to flip up to a flat line and then finish with a moderate fade. The latter can perform some massive anhyzers and huge bomb hyzer flips as well.

i think you're confused.. the champs are more stable than the stars. i have thrown 7 different champs and 4 stars and every champ has been more stable than every star i have.

I can second that. I own a 168 CFR that seems to have more turn than my 168 Star. Enjoy both, but prefer my CFR for big annies. Just today I ran it past the basket on a super tight right turning wooded fairway (Elon/long/243').

I throw my CFR at several holes here which require a big sidearm (RH) or a big RHBH anny around some big trees - it usually has enough stability to flatten out and fade softly (if at all) at the end. I prefer the Star for shots where I need the fade at the end, and maximum distance (hyzer-flip to flat, slight HST, smooth fade). Someone should start an Archon fan group :thmbup:

I can second that. I own a 168 CFR that seems to have more turn than my 168 Star. Enjoy both, but prefer my CFR for big annies. Just today I ran it past the basket on a super tight right turning wooded fairway (Elon/long/243').

love the archon, not sure about it being stable. i throw mine flat and it dives. I need some hyzer on the release or its going left. it will fade if given enough time. love the disc tho. Star or CFR.

The stars are stable at first but they don't take very long to beat into a nice anny disc. The champs are considerly a bit more stable. I have proto star though..so

Yea I was amazed how quick mine broke in to the point it was useless. Kind of reminded me of a pro katana but not as bad.

Yea I was amazed how quick mine broke in to the point it was useless. Kind of reminded me of a pro katana but not as bad.

that's why i recommend the champs, once the stars break in it's good for crazy long annys that you know won't come back or you have to hyzer flip them.

My Star Achon got real flippy real fast. Mine is warped (which I guess is why it is so flippy) but it seemed to get warped way to easily for Star plastic.

Latest posts