• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Discs

Get some gateway stuff and you will be back for more.

I agree, if all their drivers were made in their HPP plastice, i think a lot more people would be inclined to throw their discs as well. It has a great amount of grip and durability. I really like Innova champion plastic but HPP is like a step above that even

My only complaint is, and I guess it could happen with any manufacturer, that sometimes the HPP is gummy and sometimes it feels like a hubcap. Supposedly, lighter is softer but what I have experienced doesnt agree with that, if not says the opposite.

Got my Fiance a HPP Sabre, thinking it would be gummy and it was hard as a rock. Just got my Warrior at 182, which I am sure is a lot heavier than the Sabre I got her, and its perfectly gummy.

A lot of this comes down to what someone wants on whether they want gummy or not and I think Gateway tries to let people know which run is which but the retailers seem to ignore it.

what weight is your wife's Sabre, i have a 168 and it is fairly gummy, nothing like my 175 though but they are also in different colors which may affect how gummy one is compared to the other

Trying to remember but I think 165. Hers is yellowish while mine is blue.

yea my 168 is clear/white and my 175 is red. I'll have to go home and check the feel again to be certain maybe the color has as much to do with it as weight, who knows

My only complaint is, and I guess it could happen with any manufacturer, that sometimes the HPP is gummy and sometimes it feels like a hubcap. Supposedly, lighter is softer but what I have experienced doesnt agree with that, if not says the opposite.

I think Gateway tries to let people know which run is which but the retailers seem to ignore it.

Yeah definitely. A lot of retailers don't really care what run it is, because a pet store isn't going to understand that this run is gummy, this run isn't, etc. If you just ask Dave for a stiffer run or a gummier run, he'll hook you up.

It isn't the retailer. Kids come in and swap the stickers from the premiums and premium dyes with DX discs to get them cheaper, leaving a ton of DX discs with expensive price tags. Because of that they now write the price of the disc on it in sharpie. :doh: Their prices are typically a little steep, but they aren't that outrageous.
Then why were the prices written in Sharpie and the names of the discs correct on the stickers? Why would the kids go to all of the trouble of printing out new stickers and writing the more expensive prices on the less expensive discs if they just wanted the more expensive discs at the cheaper price? Why even put the stickers on the other discs at all?

Then why were the prices written in Sharpie and the names of the discs correct on the stickers? Why would the kids go to all of the trouble of printing out new stickers and writing the more expensive prices on the less expensive discs if they just wanted the more expensive discs at the cheaper price? Why even put the stickers on the other discs at all?
I think what he's saying is that the kids don't print new stickers, but instead they remove a sticker from a premium disc and swap it for a grunge disc's sticker. Same crap used to happen at a store where I worked many moons ago.

I think what he's saying is that the kids don't print new stickers, but instead they remove a sticker from a premium disc and swap it for a grunge disc's sticker.
That's my point. The discs had stickers with correct names and the prices in Sharpie, so it's obvious that kids didn't mark the S Element or DX Gazelle at ~$20. They were priced that way by the store.

I checked my Sabres the red one (heavier) felt slightly more gummier than the clearish one, regardless the dome on both were fairly firm while the wing is what felt gummy. it was like it was molded in two pieces.

Dave was kind enough to print up a couple hundred minis free of charge for our big tourney. He then offered us the same hotstamp on discs for a really REALLY good price. We took him up on the offer. They accidentally printed our order twice and were were happy to take those as well.

when was this and on what discs, if you have some still sitting around i may be interested.

I think what he's saying is that the kids don't print new stickers, but instead they remove a sticker from a premium disc and swap it for a grunge disc's sticker. Same crap used to happen at a store where I worked many moons ago.

This is what I meant.

That's my point. The discs had stickers with correct names and the prices in Sharpie, so it's obvious that kids didn't mark the S Element or DX Gazelle at ~$20. They were priced that way by the store.

I have no idea then. I know that the used to just stick a price sticker on them that people would swap. After that they started using sharpie, but I guess I never looked at the Gateway discs that closely. DX shouldn't have been $20 though...hell i dunno what they're doing these days though, its been ages since I went there.

I checked my Sabres the red one (heavier) felt slightly more gummier than the clearish one, regardless the dome on both were fairly firm while the wing is what felt gummy. it was like it was molded in two pieces.

Interesting.

Well, at any rate, I like the one I got from Binkinjack (free plug even if I spelled it wrong) so if he has more when I decide to get more I think I will talk to him and if not, maybe best to go to Gateway direct.

Interesting.

Well, at any rate, I like the one I got from Binkinjack (free plug even if I spelled it wrong) so if he has more when I decide to get more I think I will talk to him and if not, maybe best to go to Gateway direct.

I was going to ask if you had a chance to throw it yet, and how you liked it?

Sabres are confusing. They had a problem with the mold and for several years made meathook Sabres that were beefier than a Blaze. You had to really throw them hard to straighten them out. They have the mold fixed now, but you have to be careful when you pick up a Sabre.

Sabres are confusing. They had a problem with the mold and for several years made meathook Sabres that were beefier than a Blaze. You had to really throw them hard to straighten them out. They have the mold fixed now, but you have to be careful when you pick up a Sabre.

How can you tell the difference without throwing them between the badly molded ones and the fixed mold ones?

Latest posts