• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

I bought 20 from the earliest runs and have acquired a few from later runs. From the bulk buy(s), 10 center black stamps and 10 bottom right rainbow stamp and marked like yours. Every one of mine were flat. Same for the later blends (non-Wizard stamps).

Can't tell if that's dome or the angle of the disc in your profile pic. Looks like a nice thrower either way.

Cool. Yeah it is flat, that angle did throw it off a bit. A was a little surprised because a lot of older Wizards (usually Soft ones) were not flat like this. This feels like the Fossil Fuels that RDG ran in 2015-2016.

Cool. Yeah it is flat, that angle did throw it off a bit. A was a little surprised because a lot of older Wizards (usually Soft ones) were not flat like this. This feels like the Fossil Fuels that RDG ran in 2015-2016.

I didn't pick up any early RDG Wizards, but I did get some to the TF Wizards that eventually became Fossil. It was super firm but still had a nice talc-y grip. G9i remind me of those without the talc.

Ha I still don't know what to think of hitting the warehouse and running into them molding those TF wizards at that exact moment.

I'm gonna be brave and say it. Those high shoulder Diamond Wizards are a dream of a driving putter. It's a more comfortable P2.

Received my stack of 5 SS in the mail the other day, had the opportunity to throw them yesterday. Man, I forgot just how versatile a putter the Wizard is - stable drives, force over shots in the woods even when fresh, and I was able to hit the ground running with putting within 20' - I was using Daggers up until now. Love the plastic of course, SS is perfect even in the heat.

Worth noting that I think the Dagger is a severely underrated putter for actual throwing duties. That is to say, it's not a good driving/throwing putter, but in my time bagging it I became very comfortable throwing it on upshots within 250'. I understand Feldy helped create it specifically as the ideal deep dish putting putter, it just happens to also be very controllable, stable, glidey and slow in the air.

I haven't been to a shop in months. Felt up some Wizards marked firm and i was really impressed. Nice and stiff with a rubbery surface. If I didn't have so many pws I would have grabbed a few.

Long-winded write up of a stack of wizards I got. Was wildly surprised by how much enjoy them, as most of what I've recently got have been very high shouldered and meh.

PW are tight low shoulder, gritty and extremely firm. No flex on it. Great in this heat when warmed up. Like the hand feel so much I'm putting with them. Almost feel like it's slightly smaller in the hand.
Firm are very similar but average shoulder, very firm slight flex in plate, tacky/grippy. When I think of a Wizard, this is it. Good feel, good thrower/putter.
Eraser are firmer than I thought I'd get, in the same vein as the Firm. Mid-Shoulder. Feels like an eraser. I'll putt these when it's not as hot.
$ has a great feel, velvety/tacky. High-shoulder. Around SS in flex. Least favorite of the bunch but still great.

Side note, got a 175 Big Dog with the purchase. It is similar in style yet nothing like the 175 Doggy Style I have, thought it was the same thing. DS was straight and glidey out of the box, great for warm ups. The BD is thicker and taller rim. A glideless OS turd in comparison. Was putting it on annys and it flexed out.

I have a proto big dog. I had eagle throw it in 2016 or 7 flexed out of a 360 run up high anny release... and didn't go more than 350'... I compare it to a berg more than anything

It's great for spin putting. It's great for push putting. It's great for putting.

It's even better thrown off the tee.

Excellent to drink water out of for a dog, too. Although possibly overshadowed in this realm by the Dagger, which is even deeper <3

Excellent to drink water out of for a dog, too. Although possibly overshadowed in this realm by the Dagger, which is even deeper <3

Or the Sonic that has two tiers!
Clearly a thirsty dog deserves a Zephyr. :|

It doesn't take us very long to get waaayyy off topic, does it. :\

Trying "Special Blend"

Ordered 3 or these

SB, or "Special Blend" is the newest of Gateway's Sure Grip Plastics. The Special Blend Wizards are flatter and stiffer than the regular production runs. They are the closest to the original Wizard.

New to Wizard putters so giving it a try, I had used x-line p1x from Discmania before, but Infinite Discs, Amazon and my usual supplies have been out of stock for a long time. The feel is very similar but maybe stiffer but somehow more grip.

I was reading on these it makes sense to "break" them in. I used them for about 10 minutes of practice. I used it once on my last round. I had a long complicated put from the bushes and buried it. SO I guess it these will be my putters for a while now.

Ordered 3 or these

SB, or "Special Blend" is the newest of Gateway's Sure Grip Plastics. The Special Blend Wizards are flatter and stiffer than the regular production runs. They are the closest to the original Wizard.

New to Wizard putters so giving it a try, I had used x-line p1x from Discmania before, but Infinite Discs, Amazon and my usual supplies have been out of stock for a long time. The feel is very similar but maybe stiffer but somehow more grip.

I was reading on these it makes sense to "break" them in. I used them for about 10 minutes of practice. I used it once on my last round. I had a long complicated put from the bushes and buried it. SO I guess it these will be my putters for a while now.

I have tried to move away from Wizards for so long, but I always keep coming back to them. You can always find a ton for sale here or on the FB marketplaces

okay after 5 full rounds of using the Special Blend putter, Wizard is my forever putter. I don't really think it is magic, but there is something about the way it feels in my hand that gives me confidence it will go in. I haven't missed any "easy" putts since switching. It seems much less affected by wind than other putters or at least in my mind. The one downside is, well maybe not a downside, on long putts it can drop like a rock. You have to really throw it, not just spin it a little. It is pretty good approach disc as well. When it lands it tends to not go anywhere crazy, kind of like a Nova.

Latest posts