• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gator Power

NateDiscFlip

Double Eagle Member
For everyone who likes to make 150-200ft side arm "S" shots, the gator is a disc that just does the work literally on call. The disc is very overstable, but has more glide than the Zone. I see many players using much faster discs to make these side arm shots....which if not thrown just right, will skip beyond the target.

The gator is great for side arm hyzer shots too, as it has a dependable finish and controlled skip. Using the disc backhand is great for limited length shots that need to finish hard to the left...again, using a bigger disc can do the same, but can easily overshoot and even skip past the target.

Anyone else swear by having one of these dependable utility discs in the bag?:thmbup:

i just got my first gator this week. super overstable. so i guess if you FHed it, it would be a big meat hook, yeah. i BHed it and it was a hook, so i'm sure the same is true if you FH it

i just got my first gator this week. super overstable. so i guess if you FHed it, it would be a big meat hook, yeah. i BHed it and it was a hook, so i'm sure the same is true if you FH it

The best part is that it is easier to control than many of the faster discs, but has the stability to finish hard, but NOT too hard, where other lighter side arm discs will just stay str8 or shoot off to the left if you are RHFH

almost picked up a gator because of a friend that throws one so well. picked up a drone myself.

so what's with the beaded star gator and the non-beaded star gators you see on the shelves.

anyone thrown both?

I have a DX Gator. I really like it. It's super overstable, but flies slow... so it's easier to control.

I have 3 dx gators 2 cfr gators (champ) and one first run pearly gator. I love them all but only the pearly is in the bag. Mine aren't that overstable. I mean they turn just enuff to get the shot down but there only a 0 2

I've never actually thrown a gator, but I do similar things with my Star Spider. It can take tons of power and not turn over. Shorter S shots are also an option (if you're into that kind of thing).

The Spider has a bead on it as well. I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of it. I like the really thick wing on these low-glide mids, but I wish they made them without the bead.

Nate I'm very disappointed in you. Living in Michigan and pushing the Stalker put you in discraft territory, and this is one of the instances where Discrafts comparable disc is the better of the two. I love my drones and swear by them. No offense to gator lovers, you've got a good product, but for the intended purposes the Drone is the way to go. I prefer it in FLX myself

I have 3 dx gators 2 cfr gators (champ) and one first run pearly gator. I love them all but only the pearly is in the bag. Mine aren't that overstable. I mean they turn just enuff to get the shot down but there only a 0 2

Punk kid stole a pearly of mine that I left on the basket before...wouldn't come clean and I didnt want to make a scene...had an ace with that gator too...nice and pearly silver with purple tint....all good, as I cursed the disc at that moment the joker wouldnt give it back...someday, someday...my fault, dang:doh:

Nate I'm very disappointed in you. Living in Michigan and pushing the Stalker put you in discraft territory, and this is one of the instances where Discrafts comparable disc is the better of the two. I love my drones and swear by them. No offense to gator lovers, you've got a good product, but for the intended purposes the Drone is the way to go. I prefer it in FLX myself

drone is way too glidy...but a nice disc:thmbup:

Latest posts