• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting disc golf fever!!!

Thank goodness for DST!!!!!!! Tomorrow it won't get dark until 7:30ish and I'm making the 100 mile trip to Flip City for the first time since September. :D

Any idea how much snow is at Flip? I will be out throwing again this week with the temps getting into the 30s. I need to get over to Cadillac a few times before the tournamant on 4/30. I haven't played there yet and want to get a feel of it.

of course you're having withdrawals, so picky about when you play. i would agree it's less fun to play when it's windy, rainy, deep snow, etc, but you need to practice in these conditions if you ever hope to play tournaments. unless all your tourneys fall on 70 degree sunny days.

i play in everything except rain and there are other perks to be had when you tolerate some wind or cold-- having the course all to yourself, no insects, easier to find discs when the foliage is thinned out for winter.

of course you're having withdrawals, so picky about when you play. i would agree it's less fun to play when it's windy, rainy, deep snow, etc, but you need to practice in these conditions if you ever hope to play tournaments. unless all your tourneys fall on 70 degree sunny days.

i play in everything except rain and there are other perks to be had when you tolerate some wind or cold-- having the course all to yourself, no insects, easier to find discs when the foliage is thinned out for winter.

Agreed. :thmbup:

Any idea how much snow is at Flip?

Lots of snow up when I was up there yesterday. Most of the course was still covered and it goes from 2in to 12in+ in some areas. We have a warming trend coming, but I bet its gonna be nasty for a while yet.

Yes, I have played on those days and it is nice having the course pretty much to yourself.

I do not play in tournaments. My best score is a +6 at my home course. When I hear about people getting -9 or better I do not feel a tournament would be worth my time. I know I would not be the worse one there. My brother-in-law will often enter the local tournaments. I am at least far better then him.

With all of that said I do plan on playing a little more as my son gets older. He is always turning heads because of his young age.

Latest posts