• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Glidiest, Straightest, Speed 10ish Disc?

I would just hyzerflip an R Stag and let it skitter up to the basket. You don't need a speed ten your just need some glide.

Thanks for all the replies.

I have an old Star Roadrunner that's pretty stable and a Star Valk that's not so stable. Both of them are used bin discs that I picked up cheap on a whim. I haven't spent much time with either, but they've both flown right at 400' for me(my max for bh throws) on high anhyzers just screwing around in a field. It's probably time to learn the ol' hyzer flip.

If I can't find success with either of those, you guys have given plenty of alternatives to look into. I especially like the roller idea. I hadn't thought of that option, and it's another that I need to learn.

And I wouldn't think you need 10ish to throw 320ft

Well I apologize for having a noodle arm, but I can't quite get a teebird to this basket while also keeping the disc eye level throughout its flight. Give me a wide open fairway and I can push one out to 350', but not on this hole.

Well I apologize for having a noodle arm, but I can't quite get a teebird to this basket while also keeping the disc eye level throughout its flight. Give me a wide open fairway and I can push one out to 350', but not on this hole.

I wasn't criticizing you or your arm.My comment was to PMantle.

I can only throw as far as you too and for me it's not about the speed of the disc. I still think the best disc for the shot you describe is a seasoned DX Teebird, FD or a Roadrunner on a hyzer flip. I'm sure there are others, but these are what I'm familiar with.

Thanks. I plan to give a roadrunner a try ASAP. I'm still doubtful a teebird or fd would get me there, since I've already failed to get a teebird3 all the way to the basket and only with a reasonably strong tailwind have gotten a leopard3 there. Hence my original post, trying to get suggestions on something that might go a little further than a Leo/TB, but still with a mild finish and not much turn.

Like Moose said, you need something with wicked glide that is still stable enough to finish. Like a Stag or a Phenom. A faster disc is not likely to give you that low forward pushing glide that a slower disc will. I have the best results with a Phenom on low liners. A Falchion also is a very good answer and at speed 9 it fits the description you provided. Escape also can do this shot but I find the Falchion easier to throw on a low line because of the flat disc profile.

I hear you. That's why a recommended the DX Teebird, they have amazing glide and only get better the more they're beat in. I have lot's of Teebirds and none fly as straight or as far as a DX

Alright, thanks guys. I've only been playing for a few years, and only been throwing backhands for a couple. Just the last year or so is when I've started to even get much differentiation between mids and drivers for distance. I'm still learning a lot.

I've seen some really good answers so far. My question in reply to your question is : how far do you throw in the open, i.o.w. what kind of power (and snap) do you have?

On my home course is a hole where one throws from a teebox in the open into the woods, slightly uphill, with increasing obstacles (trees and brush) guarding the basket, with a distance of 290 ft. or so. I generally throw my Star TL or S-FD and bite off a chunk of the distance, then go for the long putt/approach shot.

Latest posts