• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Glidiest, Straightest, Speed 10ish Disc?

That is a low cieling! I've read a lot about hyzer flipping understable drivers on this thread. Let me suggest an alternative throw: flat to slight anhyzer with a medium stability fairway driver. I personally use a worn in Z Pred (I do have lots of power though). Perhaps a Big Z Undertaker in the 160s or a Z Mantis. With medium power you should see the disc move to the right while keeping its release angle and finish with a subtle fade at the 290 to 330 range. I've found for my own game that I get better consistency on the low line shots with a disc that has some fight at the end.

Long term as you develop, you'll accomplish this birdie with a well thrown neutral mid range. For this hole I could see myself throwing my worn Z Wasp or a fresh Ti Buzzz.

Looks like a fun course!

So does anyone on here throw Discraft lol, not seeing any love...

That is a low cieling! I've read a lot about hyzer flipping understable drivers on this thread. Let me suggest an alternative throw: flat to slight anhyzer with a medium stability fairway driver. I personally use a worn in Z Pred (I do have lots of power though). Perhaps a Big Z Undertaker in the 160s or a Z Mantis. With medium power you should see the disc move to the right while keeping its release angle and finish with a subtle fade at the 290 to 330 range. I've found for my own game that I get better consistency on the low line shots with a disc that has some fight at the end.

Long term as you develop, you'll accomplish this birdie with a well thrown neutral mid range. For this hole I could see myself throwing my worn Z Wasp or a fresh Ti Buzzz.

Looks like a fun course!

I like your idea of a flat to slight anhyzer. I'd try it with an S-FD.

I also bag a Buzzz most of the time, and sometimes add a Hornet and Avenger SS to my bag. So the Discraft love is there, if not oft expressed.

Looks like a fun course!

If I had found the Wasp earlier I would throw it. If only Discraft would make more ESP or Ti Stalkers and some Punishers in ESP and I'd be set. I started with mostly Innova and as a result discovered the TeeBird before the Stalker and Roc3 before the Wasp.

I'd say a P-Line PD is the straightest, glidiest, and easily the longest speed 10 disc I've ever thrown. Longest 'officially' measured throw I've ever had was 433' and it was with a P-Line PD. I'd probably give honorable mention to a upper 160s champ Orc.

Hell yes. I really wish P-PDs were more readily available. I could comfortably get down to 2 distance driver molds with more P-PDs. Replace my CD2s and drop the rarely used Shryke. Just use TDs for understable and rollers, and various PDs for everything else.

Latest posts