• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Glidiest, Straightest, Speed 10ish Disc?

jjmiller

Eagle Member
Picture a straight hole about 320' with a low ceiling, getting lower(and more narrow) as one approaches the basket. The best line probably never gets more than about 6-8' off the ground.

I can't get a putter or mid out that far without absolutely ripping one, and especially on such a low line. I've thrown a Leo3 with a tailwind and parked it, and I've thrown PD's in no wind that have flared across the front of the basket and ended up with a long putt from left of the basket. I've also thrown a Teebird3 that skipped left and was just short.

Is there something more the speed of a PD, lets say 1.9-2.1 cm rim, that will fly more the line of a Champ Leo3 on such a low line? Im thinking lots of glide, not a lot of turn that would run it into the ground on such a low line, but also not so much fade that it takes a big skip at the end. Does such a disc exist?

Last edited:
I'd throw a beat in teebird. I also throw CD3s on low hyzer flip lines sometimes for longer than that. Speed 11. I suspect the cd2 might work out even better.

Hyzerflip with Saint/beat in Saint Pro would be my choice. Faster than speed 9 will just be riskier either going too far or fading too much.

FD, Escape, Sidewinder, even hyzer flip a Roadrunner.

To me though, if you have parked it with a Leo3, this sounds like the perfect hole for a beat or DX Teebird shot.

that sounds like a difficult hole for me, but my best shot at it would probably be a Sidewinder.

I throw a S-Line FD on a slight hzyer flip to flat on this shot. There is a hole just like this on a course near me that I have parked many times.

Hyzer-flipping something fast and understable is the key for low-ceiling tunnel shots. There is a local hole like this - low ceiling, tight line - where I always came up short with Valkyries. Mamba was the first disc that allowed me to reach the hole.

I am not recommending Mambas specifically (I no longer throw Mambas), but hyzer-flipping something fast and understable maximizes distance with a low ceiling.

For my game and bag, a Leo/ Leo3 is just about perfect for that kind of shot. FD's would probably work as well.

320' is too short for me to want to throw something fast and risk not throwing it hard enough and it skipping out, or throwing it too hard and flying past the basket into brush.

I would say either a sidewinder as recommended above, or possibly a roller, I use a FR Flick for forehand rollers and I imagine that's exactly what I would use for this hole as long as the ground is smooth.

My initial thought when I read the title was an Inertia. However, it sounds like you want to hyzerflip it more, so I would go with the Insanity.

Latest posts