• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

GLOVES?!

I only wear a glove on my off hand and keep one of those hand warmers in my pocket to keep my throwing hand warm.

I generally wear your regular old winter gloves and just take it off my right hand when I throw. My hands get really dry so if I don't keep them warm during the round by the last hole they end up being pretty nice and cracked.

Merged the "glove" threads.

Careful, because you don't want that in the snow. If you keep your discs cold the snow won't stick to them. If they're warm the snow will.

I would figure the sudden change in temps may not be good for the plastic too...just a hunch, not sure if it would be a problem.

I have yet to winter golf, but if I was ever to take a glove on and off I'd just stick with a hand warmer. By the way, what hand warmers do you guys who use them suggest?

I have yet to winter golf, but if I was ever to take a glove on and off I'd just stick with a hand warmer. By the way, what hand warmers do you guys who use them suggest?

The ones that stay warm the longest, not the ones that get hot and then don't last long.

I use one of those chemical hand warmers in my throwing hand pocket. I wear a wool mitten on my non throwing hand. Take my hand out of my pocket to throw, put it right back in after I throw.

PDGA Rule 802.04 Artificial Devices
A. During a round, a player shall not use any artificial device that may assist in making a throw, except those devices that reduce or control abrasion to the skin (such as gloves, tape, bandages, gauze, etc.) and medical items (such as knee and ankle braces, etc.). Items used to prevent slipping on the teeing surface are also allowed. A player is specifically prohibited from using any artificial device that changes the position of the disc in the player's hand or artificially lengthens any of the player's throwing levers (fingers, wrist, arm, shoulder, etc.).

I've been using one of these on my throwing hand the last few days in the zero degree weather:
http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/search/results/pid1006610-ColdGear-Liner-Glove/1006610-002

UA also has these options which I've looked at:
http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/search/results/pid1006611-UA-Fleece-Glove/1006611-001
http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/...006605-Men-s-Armour-Stretch-Glove/1006605-001

ERic

zero degree weather in houston???

I was looking at gloves at my local sporting goods store and i found some cold weather golf gloves that were fleece

surprisingly they had a good grip on the disc

I would consider throwing with gloves on in the winter as long as the grip is right

I was looking at gloves at my local sporting goods store and i found some cold weather golf gloves that were fleece

surprisingly they had a good grip on the disc

I would consider throwing with gloves on in the winter as long as the grip is right

Yeah the only issue I could see and would hope they wouldn't be is overly grippy. But for throwing a drive I would think over grippyness could keep the disc from "tearing out" of your hand like it should.

Gloves please...

Does anyone have any recommendations on a quality thin but warm glove that works well in the winter while throwing discs?

Thanks

hand warmers...
never seen a glove thats not gonna change your grip-a-bility

i wear a glove on my left hand, put the warmer in my right pocket and i'm good to bout 15degrees, never golfed colder than that

with the warmer, it dont take much to keep the hand warm and moist, i get better grip than i do on a 40degree day without one

I posted this in another thread, they really work! The brand is Ansell, I found them at Menard's for under $4 a pair.

For me the only issue I have with playing in the cold is having my grip suffer because of cold hands and wet discs from snow. I found a set of electricians gloves at lowes for under $5 that I can actually throw with, they have fabric backs and rubberized palms and fingers, and fit very tightly with no seams. They seem to give a great grip even with wet champ/z discs, and keep my hands from getting nearly as cold.

This picture shows the back, but you can see the rubbery material that comes up over the tips of the fingers:
31jpudda7lL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Do they actually keep your hand warm to boot? Seems to good to be true for 5 bucks...I figured I was gonna have to drop 35 bucks on an under armour pair of gloves or something.

I like the UA fleece gloves, have great grip and keep warm, but I keep losing them.

Do they actually keep your hand warm to boot? Seems to good to be true for 5 bucks...I figured I was gonna have to drop 35 bucks on an under armour pair of gloves or something.

Not too good to be true, but not the warmest things in the world either. They're definately better than no glove at all. Between those gloves and your pocket, that should be enough insulation to keep your fingers from getting too icy. I got a few pairs from ACE hardware for $2 each (on sale). I've only used them a few times to play disc golf, but I've played many a game of fricket using them and they work pretty well.

hand warmers are the way to go. put a couple in your in your hoodie pocket and you should be good. Oh, and take an extra towel, dry discs = dry hands = warm hands.

Latest posts