• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

GLOVES?!

Use an insulate glove on the left with an abbedexterious (sp?) over it. Between long walks take from the left

I've done OK with fingerless/thumbless gloves. Something like these;

http://www.discountsafetygear.com/fingerless-work-gloves.html

Mine are several years old.

FWIW as a treatment for cracked and splitting hands I also recommend "Bag Balm". Available at Wallgreens. It's an antiseptic treatment for chapped cow udders. It's greasy and it stinks but one treatment and those annoying cracks that bleed and burn are healed overnight.

I've been using hunting mittens that we've had a while. The "mitten" part flips back to show your fingers for when a hunter is going to pull the trigger, or for us to throw a disc. Toss a hand warmer in the end and it's very warm.

i just use big poofy waterproof gloves, when its time to shoot, take it off and put it on ur bag. after u shot, put it back on, if its 2 close shots together , just stcik ur fingers into the glove and keep them warm.

Thanks for the sage wisdom.

I wasn't trying to be a prick. That's my advice though. Nothing is as good as the real thing. I've been winter golfing in some serious weather here in Buffalo NY, and I've never had a problem with hand-warmers in my pockets.

Not too good to be true, but not the warmest things in the world either. They're definately better than no glove at all. Between those gloves and your pocket, that should be enough insulation to keep your fingers from getting too icy. I got a few pairs from ACE hardware for $2 each (on sale). I've only used them a few times to play disc golf, but I've played many a game of fricket using them and they work pretty well.

First, Thank you for mentioning Fricket...now I've got another fun disc game to add to my list. DG, Ultimate, Catch, Fricket, Double Disc Court....

oi.

LOL at Handerpants.

\/\/

Everyone seems to love the handwarmers, so I will try them out. I hadn't really heard much about them...but the price sure seems right.

Everyone seems to love the handwarmers, so I will try them out. I hadn't really heard much about them...but the price sure seems right.

Buy the like 6 or 8 or 12 pack or whatever you can find.

Then start by using one in your playing hand.

My dad uses one in each pocket with a thin glove on his non-throwing hand.

I bring them but have really great pockets so I don't need them unless it's bitter cold and really windy.

\/\/

I cant throw very good with a glove on.
How I keep my throwing hand warm depends on the conditions.
If its just chilly I like using the kangaroo pouch in a hoody for my throwing hand, its more comfortable with my hand in front of me when I'm wallking, then having it in a jacket side pocket.
When it goes from chilly to cold, I add a handwarmer to the pocket.
When its gets ball freezing out, with deep snow, I use a winter mitten, which I slide in the kangaroo pocket.
A mitten is really easy to slide your hand in and out of, and because it allows your fingers to stay together in one compartment, its warmer than a glove.
Stuffing the mitten in the kangaroo pouch means I dont leave it lying on the ground every time I take it off to throw, that way I dont loose it.
This system has worked for me playing in anything down to about 0°, below that, its pretty much gonna be inside mini golf time.

Latest posts