• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Go to distance disc for those who throw under 400ft

If the message is "throw slower drivers to learn to throw better" or "throw drivers within your speed range so that they fly as designed", I am completely on board. If the message is "losers who can't throw 400' haven't earned the right to carry discs that may be useful on certain holes", we must agree to disagree. :)

Word. I threw my motion on a 150' upshot last weekend.

Now reading the sentence sounds crazy and 99% of the time ion comes out for that shot but has nothing to do with how far I can throw the ion or motion.

Word. I threw my motion on a 150' upshot last weekend.

Now reading the sentence sounds crazy and 99% of the time ion comes out for that shot but has nothing to do with how far I can throw the ion or motion.

Haha. On one of the recent videos, maybe Worlds, Paul McB threw what looks like a Firebird to skip around some trees at about that distance. Someone else tried to sneak a putter through the branches and was left with a much longer putt.

Hence why I no longer ask any type of advice on here. Yes, I occasionally get my Valkyries out to 400. But, when I throw a Krait, Destroyer, Outlaw, Vulcan, Groove, I always get 20-30 feet more for the same effort. People that try and tell me what discs I should be throwing are no fun. So, I don't throw with them. To the two I quoted, get over yourselves. You are not pros. You are not DG clinic teachers. You are just players. Worry about your game. If someone is asking advice, give it without being rude. Its actually pretty simple.

Maybe try accepting advice without getting butthurt...

Haha. On one of the recent videos, maybe Worlds, Paul McB threw what looks like a Firebird to skip around some trees at about that distance. Someone else tried to sneak a putter through the branches and was left with a much longer putt.

OS utility lol. I use Opto XXX for the same thing

I have recently found a little extra distance and find my self getting a bird on 350ish baskets here and there, still play fairway drivers around 300 and mids 200-300. 350 ft is the the distance I found that opens up more choices in distance drivers and premium plastics . Champ plastics were always too beefy until now. Valkyrie , in champ plastic even, is right in my wheel house and trustworthy. I am sure the Valkyrie can be pushed well into the 400 range and get big s flights, but mine is more like a longer teebird right now. Doesnt show a lot of turn and has a reliable Finnish, but doesn't fall into a spike. I would say my favorite is my dx wraith for Max distance. I feel very in control with my wraith and don't have go out of my comfort zone to see 350. Can also get it to hold an anny when I want. All the pro .com guys are gonna hate this one, but I also carry a dx destroyer and a blizzard destroyer. Starting to flirt with the 400 mark with my destroyers on occasion , but throw them when I can't afford to get the wraith working too much to the right more than for the extra distance potential. Destroyer will prob be the 400 ft mark breaker for me as the dx wraith starts to turn and just can't get a feel for star wraith. I did get a 525 down hiller with my destroyer on # 14 at badlands on Saturday . Was only about 15 ft from going in the lake! :hfive:.

Millennium Sirius Aires, it needs a little hyzer and some height, but it is easy distance and only an 11 speed disc.

Or a beat Star Wraith, or a semi beat Pro Wraith, or a mid 160's Star Katana(flat,) or a 1st Run Z Nuke.

Way to miss the point entirely. You do realize that there is a broad range of stabilities among the high speed drivers, right? Mambas, Vulcans, UnLaces etc. are designed to help maximize distance for noodle arm throwers. Those discs may add considerable D for players who can't throw a Valk 400'. I have played with several veteran players who gain a competitive advantage thanks to those discs. It's all about finding the right tool for the job. The idea that you have to throw an arbitrary distance with certain discs before you should consider throwing other discs is just dumb. Your reading comprehension seems to be filtered through a lens of ignorance. ROFLMAO indeed.

Whiny tirades when people disagree with your "expert" opinion is a sign of a fragile ego and a dull mind. What are you, 15?

Whiny tirades when people disagree with your "expert" opinion is a sign of a fragile ego and a dull mind. What are you, 15?

No, he's just one of the newest, high quality member of these forums. Making his mark quickly.

Latest posts