• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Goals for 2010

1. Get in shape. That means losing 20-25 lbs. and getting my body toned.
2. Improve my longer putts and jump putts. I can hit everything from 15 ft in and hit 7/10 from within 25 ft. I usually hit at least one 30 ft plus putt a round.
3. Figure out how to throw my midranges right. Something always goes wrong either my stance, my throw, my form, my grip. I just have to get a better upshot.
4. Keep improving my driving. I can get 270-300 consistently now with a ceiling of about 350. I would like to bump it up to 350 consistently and 400 max.
5. Play in a PDGA Tournament.
6. Keep practicing my putts and upshots with my Skillshot. I noticed that a lot of people wanted to get a practice basket. My parents were extremely nice to me on my birthday this year. Maybe that will carry over for you guys this Christmas.
7. Get an Ace. I still have not even hit metal. I have parked many discs and even had my Striker skip directly over the basket on a shot but no metal. I want the chains more than anything on my drive, though.

1. Slowing down when i putt.
2. Extension when i putt.
3. Reduce the cursing.
4. work on my roller.
5. Play Winthrop Gold again.
6. Find a lady who understands what the hell is important.
7. Opening Day vs. The Milwaukee Brewers. CUBS WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!

Get on the other side of par at Richmond Hill. My record is +1 and I consistently shoot +3/+4 in the short pins and +6/+7 in the long. However, I know I can break par no matter where the pins are. I just need to develop consistency and sink some freakin putts.

I really enjoy these threads.

1) Attempt to standardize my bag so I am not playing with a completely different bag in every tournament I play.

2) Rock at putting anything inside of 25'

3) Finish the year with a rating over 900

oh and

4) Get a job and one that lets me play DG every day.

+5 at F.C. Threw a couple 7s 8s and 9s during leagues and took 4 long putts but the easy putts killed me.So more putting practiceis key.

1. Getting more distance, more consistantly on my drives.

2. Buying more discs that compliment my playing style.

3. Playing more often.

4. Finding a routine that works and helps me focus on my putting. (my achilles heel)

5. To play a few courses outside of my home area.

1. Grow better dope
2. Grow more dope
3. Play more disc golf
4. Do more for others (directly that is.... growing dope is for others too :)

4. Hit any course in Ohio that I have not played yet.
5. Hit some courses in Michigan.

1. Fix my X-step, and eliminate the pause that I was told I have in my throw.
2. Play more tournys
3. Travel farther to play
4. Improve my putting

I'd like to add:
Moving up from the 6th to the 4th page of DGCR members when sorting by the "played" column.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/mem_b...=&zip_distance=&sort=played&order=DESC&page=6

Finish off course I got built in Burlington, Ma (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3241)

Get a new proposal approved for a public or private course

Play for fun more

Play as few tournaments as possible

Continue on 25-30 new courses per year pace

Finally make it to Vermont and Rhode Island courses

Meet more nice people from DGCR like Biscoe and DeafDiscGolfer

I need to add and put this to the top of my list.

Do a better job of watching where my discs land. Do a better job of triangulating that.

You'd think this would be a no brainer. But I have 2 flaws. First when a throw especially a drive goes bad I tend to put my head down in disgust at myself. That's just plain dumb. I wind up with only a general idea of where the disc landed. And sometimes that's very wrong. And second I have a problem with depth perception. So even when I have a clue where a disc landed I can be 50 or more feet off. :mad:

I need to add and put this to the top of my list.

Do a better job of watching where my discs land. Do a better job of triangulating that.

You'd think this would be a no brainer. But I have 2 flaws. First when a throw especially a drive goes bad I tend to put my head down in disgust at myself. That's just plain dumb. I wind up with only a general idea of where the disc landed. And sometimes that's very wrong. And second I have a problem with depth perception. So even when I have a clue where a disc landed I can be 50 or more feet off. :mad:

I have a friend with a similar depth issue and sometimes doesn't watch. It's hard enough work remembering where my disc lands...far off the fairway ;)

I really love reading everyone's goals. I'm trying to map out my courses-to-be-played list right now....[boss comes over]...Great, my boss caught me. She doesn't care I'm on the web but wanted to know what the baskets were on the DGCR map browser.

I'm still in the disc golf closet when it comes to my coworkers.

I have a friend with a similar depth issue and sometimes doesn't watch. It's hard enough work remembering where my disc lands...far off the fairway ;)

I really love reading everyone's goals. I'm trying to map out my courses-to-be-played list right now....[boss comes over]...Great, my boss caught me. She doesn't care I'm on the web but wanted to know what the baskets were on the DGCR map browser.

I'm still in the disc golf closet when it comes to my coworkers.

It's bad with a big bright blue, pink, chartreuse... disc; I am much worse with a little white ball. :eek: And its worse looking 250 yards into the rough and/orwoods instead of only 250 feet. :D

I like reading other's goals as well. Time and again something will come up and I think I need to focus on that too.

Last edited:
putt consistent from 10-20' ... but consistently better

continue to increase drive length n accuracy

try 5-10 new discs (only been playing for 6 months)

play more, play every course in Utah!

Some more goals. Since I have been using discretion with what new courses I tried and not really bothering much with going to lower rated courses, I plan to just go try them and reveiw all courses within 50 miles of me. Probably further but thats a good start. Already have about 10 I need to try.

I have two goals this year:
One is to finally get that elusive hole in one. I have hit the practice basket at out course 3 times now, I have skipped off the top of the first hole and I have skipped off the leaves and hit the basket cage. I have come so close so many times I am getting frustrated.

Two is to make C flight in our disc golf league and if we don't make C, then I would like to come in the top three in the D flight.

I also want an Ace. I had a dream last night that I got an Ace with my putter, and it was really cool.

Just be careful chasing those aces. I know it's a notch in the belt of coolness but if you really focus on that as your reason for playing it could certainly lead to hating the game. Hopefully you're not that crazy but I have seen people go mad over that chase.

Yes, I have a few aces and no I've never got one while trying.

Latest posts