• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Going to Colorado!

Crazycruz73

Hey to all my fellow disc golfer out there just friendly request taking a trip up to colorado with just a group of 4 friends wanting know from the community what the best choices were for courses were up there from what ive seen pay to play is very big thing up there however that isn't an issue. just want to know the course you must go to.

Bucksnort, Phantom Falls, Beaver Ranch, Ghost Town and maybe Bailey, though I'm not a huge Bailey fan.

Usually its only the good courses that are pay to play. Most of the ski resort courses are p2p, which for the most part are good courses. The best area is obviously the Pine/Conifer area with Phantom Falls, Bucksnort, Beaver Ranch and Bailey all with about 15 miles. There's also the Ghost Town course and Rocky Mountain Village which are about 30 minutes or so from the Pine area.

Do you have any idea what part of Colorado you are going to be in? Are you flying into Denver? Renting a car I asume?

I would recommend Lake Dillon, Cottonwood and Poncha Springs. Also, Glenwood and Leadville courses are underrated and free. If you want to go to Bucksnort, etc, make a reservation NOW, and expect fees like $20 per person with a minimum group of 4, but then you "own" the course for the day.

COTTONWOOD?!!?
Ummm...no.

But yeah, Pay-To-Play and private or semi-private courses are the best examples of Colorado disc golf. All the aforementioned courses besides Cottonwood are great choices. I also always recommend people try out Johnny Roberts in Arvada. It's a super short, putter-only type course that sometimes gets crowded with chuckers, but Johnny Roberts' spirit infests the place and you can't help but have a good time.

CO courses

I have to disagree about PF, thought PF was overrated as a DG course, it was like DG in a big backyard, but Bucksnort was tight.

Conifer Park/Beaver Ranch #1 I just love this place.
10-3 (crested butte) #2 Epic bombs, must ride ski lift to start
Bucksnort #3 Mix of epicness
Ghost Town #4 nostalgic feels

Hon. Mention

CO Mtn College nice course
Poncha Springs pitch and putt
Widefield Park not bad, not amazing

I would not waste your time at Winter Park. Was a decent layout. Great views. But nothing spectacular or unique, no real fun bombs down the entire mountain or anything. And the staff was rude and didn't let us play the course and take the alpine slide down for the right price. She tried to scam another $15 out of us. I was not pleased with my experience there but have been contacted by one of the volunteers. So hopefully they can get the staff on track for the rest of the people who want to play it this year.

Let me ask you the question no one else has, where are planning on spending your time? Some of these course listed are 5 hours from Denver.

pueblo is amazing
Jelly stone is a fun course
Badlands and Blair witch are great Denver courses in one
Fort Morgan might be my favorite course in the state, but not a mountain course
Also if you have the time and want to hit a course in another state, check out dry creek in Cheyenne.

Latest posts