• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Good Midrange discs

ZackBrame

Hello,

I'm looking for a good midrange that won't turn over. It seems the two I own do that, and only that. I want something soft (play by lots of trees) and something very accurate. Whats a good disc?

innova wolf. from 75-175. (I use mids more than anything.)

You are already on the right track. You will learn more about throwing, lines and form using midrange discs and putters throwing.

There's literally hundreds of great mids out right now but classic options: Shark, Roc, Buzzz, Comet, Element.

What are you throwing that is turning over on you? Roc's are solid and shouldn't turn over. Or you can go with a something more overstable like a Wasp.

Edit: You already answered Wolf.

take the wolf. throw it into the water.

grab like a buzz or a comet those will be pretty neutral. comets are great for learning form. buzz will fly however you want it to. wasp will be over stable and wont turn on you. you could even flex the wasp and it will come back.

For something soft from Discraft, get your buzzz in ESP or ESP FLX (softest) plastic. If you want Innova, you might try the new GStar Roc3. They're premium plastic, so expect to pay more; but they won't get hurt by a tree hit (nor will they ricochet as far off course).

For soft, straight, and something that will turn over if you're doing it wrong (but won't if you're doing it right), a Vibram Ibex is excellent. If you want something a bit more stable, try the Obex. Vibram's medium X-link compound is awesome for the woods.

You want a Roc or a Buzzz get both in cheap plastic, throw until you love one.

And you will love one.

I am in love with my Buzzz if you're hitting a lot of trees I would suggest Elite X plastic maybe even Z

buzz in pro d is worthless. def x if not z. z is just the way to go. flx is indestructable. basically any plastic that isnt pro d. that stuff gets the clover top, wavey rim and is just junk

For soft, straight, and something that will turn over if you're doing it wrong (but won't if you're doing it right), a Vibram Ibex is excellent. If you want something a bit more stable, try the Obex. Vibram's medium X-link compound is awesome for the woods.
These were going to be my recommendations. The MVP Tensor is a good moderately overstable mid as well.

OP is asking for a good all around mid that wont turn over but is still straight.

Buzzes turn over...they do, they are GREAT discs....but if you wan something that wont turn over but is a great mid while NOT being very OS. M3 Get a nice Prodigy M3....and you will thank me.

I love the Buzz, and yes a Wasp is a decent choice, but the Wasp is probably more OS than the M3......an M3 is between a Wasp and a Buzz....a great mid.

really, there are tons of choices that are good, Roc, Roc3, M2, M3, Ti Buzzz, Wasp....whatever.....all those and of course many others. These are the ones Im familiar with and all suit your needs. I know a Suspect is a nice OS mid too.

Recently picked up a McPro Roc3 for moderately overstable and a Prodigy Proto M3 (or M2, not really sure what that whole mix up was about) for really overstable and I'm loving them both.

OP is asking for a good all around mid that wont turn over but is still straight.

Buzzes turn over...they do, they are GREAT discs....but if you wan something that wont turn over but is a great mid while NOT being very OS. M3 Get a nice Prodigy M3....and you will thank me.

I love the Buzz, and yes a Wasp is a decent choice, but the Wasp is probably more OS than the M3......an M3 is between a Wasp and a Buzz....a great mid.

really, there are tons of choices that are good, Roc, Roc3, M2, M3, Ti Buzzz, Wasp....whatever.....all those and of course many others. These are the ones Im familiar with and all suit your needs. I know a Suspect is a nice OS mid too.

You might have missed it, but the OP said he is throwing between 75 and 175 with a Wolf. With that level of power, a Buzzz definitely WON'T turn over unless you have terrible form. A Z Buzzz definitely wouldn't turn over and even an ESP wouldn't unless it was beat. I love using an ESP Buzzz as a turnover disc but I can throw them 300+ on big anny lines.

All that being said, a Prodigy M3 is still a great mid and might be a good choice as well. It has a bit more fade than a Buzzz I would say, but also a bit of turn if thrown faster. It's like a Roc3 with a little less HSS I would say. I also agree with you that for his level of power, a WASP is probably too much disc. Even a Roc3 is probably too much unless he gets a lighter weight.

I have been around the block. Started with a buzzz, then skeeter, roc, roc 3, truth, warship, mace, m2 and m3, fuse, tursas, suspect, axis, obex, ibex, wolf, vector, ghost, alias, and I can say, without reservations, that I suck and you shouldn't take my advice.

That said, get a buzzz (or the clones each company has) or a roc (or its clones) and you will be fine.

Got an Obex at Birdie Bash recently, decent enough. Easy to throw, can hit trees over-and-over again, decent accuracy. Definitely will be going into the "woods bag" and should challenge the Roc for a place in the basic bag.

Latest posts