• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Good Midrange discs

..today I picked up an MVP Tensor and am loving it. Sort of akin to a flat-top Roc. Highly recommend both.

i just added my 166g tensor back into the bag, the extra HSS makes for a very controllable disc in the wind and you can really crank on it without worrying about turnover.

The wolf is a great disc for new players as it forgives you errors. However, I wouldn't recommend it if you are trying to improve your game. Then you should throw something that won't forgive anything. From Innova I would recommend a Roc or a Roc3. You could also try a Buzz, and maybe a Comet for something bordering to understable. Maybe a Mako3? Shark? You don't need many discs when you've just started playing.

For the Buzz and Comet, go for a plastic that can take a beating. Then the discs will behave the same way all the time, and you won't get tricked when the flight path changes. I made that mistake myself, and it took me a few months to realise what I did wrong. Hit the field and practice. It's the number of throws that matters, not the number of holes you play.

I'd learn to throw your current mid without turning it over.

If you want a recommendation for good midranges, Roc or Buzzz.

I think every new player should own a Comet. It will give feedback on release angle, goes straight as a string when thrown properly, and fade out some when thrown with less power. Unfortunately, they are not much help into a headwind. That's when you pull out a trusted DX Roc (or KC Pro since durability is a concern) Also, for new players, I would recommend weights in the 165-170 range.

Latest posts