• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gory Lobotomist's bag of disc

Hello all,

I have been playing disc for awhile and have never really taken it serious until this summer. I have always just random disc when I needed them, but this year I actually started looking at flight patterns and weights.

I throw both back hand and front hand. I need mechanics work, and I lack the distance I want, but my control is descent. Lately I have been trying more disc trying to get a better feel of what feels good. With all of that non sense out of the way, here is my current arsenal.

Driver:
Discraft NukeSS (most used)
Innova Destroyer

Fairway:
Innova Leopard

Putt and approach:
Innova ROC3 ( I usually putt with this too)
Innova Avair ( rarely comes out)

I am a bigger fella and have a lot of strength and I usually get carried away with using way to much arm. I play with a couple buddies and we are all "descent", but I want to step my game up.

I will be throwing mostly backhand for awhile, I strained my shoulder throwing front hand only a couple rounds. I really really like the Nuke and I have been getting good distance and control lately so I would like to keep playing with it for awhile.

Thanks,

Nick

You misspelled decent several times. "Descent" is the action of moving downward.

In any case I'm sure people will suggest you learn how to putt with a putter and not the roc3.

How far are you throwing?
If you're under 350', bench the high speed stuff and pick up a teebird to compliment your leopard and drive with those. This will help your form immensly instead of trying to muscle/oat the crap out of a high speed driver.

You misspelled decent several times. "Descent" is the action of moving downward.

In any case I'm sure people will suggest you learn how to putt with a putter and not the roc3.

Sorry, I was in a rush and made a mistake. Your post was helpful though...

How far are you throwing?
If you're under 350', bench the high speed stuff and pick up a teebird to compliment your leopard and drive with those. This will help your form immensly instead of trying to muscle/oat the crap out of a high speed driver.

I really good throw for me would be 350', but I'm usually in the 250-275' range. I will look into the teebird. I was only driving with the Leopard up until a couple months ago, so maybe I will switch back to that and keep working on my form. Thanks.

Sorry, I was in a rush and made a mistake. Your post was helpful though...

I really good throw for me would be 350', but I'm usually in the 250-275' range. I will look into the teebird. I was only driving with the Leopard up until a couple months ago, so maybe I will switch back to that and keep working on my form. Thanks.

When you're feeling comfortable with that, I'd try a Valkyre!

At your distance (right where i was about a year in), drop the nukeSS and destroyer- keep them in a closet or bin, or trade them.
Pick up a heavy leopard and a heavy aviar if yours are lightweight/starter set
Rock it with leopard, roc3 and aviar until you can really rip the leopard out there, then consider adding a teebird and valkeryie

Hello all,

I have been playing disc for awhile and have never really taken it serious until this summer. I have always just random disc when I needed them, but this year I actually started looking at flight patterns and weights.

I throw both back hand and front hand. I need mechanics work, and I lack the distance I want, but my control is descent. Lately I have been trying more disc trying to get a better feel of what feels good. With all of that non sense out of the way, here is my current arsenal.

Driver:
Discraft NukeSS (most used)
Innova Destroyer

Fairway:
Innova Leopard

Putt and approach:
Innova ROC3 ( I usually putt with this too)
Innova Avair ( rarely comes out)

I am a bigger fella and have a lot of strength and I usually get carried away with using way to much arm. I play with a couple buddies and we are all "descent", but I want to step my game up.

I will be throwing mostly backhand for awhile, I strained my shoulder throwing front hand only a couple rounds. I really really like the Nuke and I have been getting good distance and control lately so I would like to keep playing with it for awhile.

Thanks,

Nick

that leopard is a good disc for you at your distances; what plastic is it in? plastic makes a huuuuuge difference. i max my dx teebirds at about 400', my champs require a flex shot and can't get out that far.

i think people really underestimate the differences in plastic. dx and pro material just have better inherent glide and less overstability while not necessarily being understable (which is what i've heard from a lot of people with poor form about my dx teebirds, totally full of ****), therefore making the discs far more useful across a broad spectrum of power, even at lower power.

the discs you are throwing, however, will not make a big difference without some sort of technique. your bag is in shambles, so i think you made the right decision to ask about it, but i also think you should probably pop on to the technique forums and post a video if you really want to "step up your game".

putting is personal. if you putt best with a roc3, then go for it. i, however, would suggest that you putt best with a roc3 because you have not found the putter for you. so let's start from the bottom.

what is it about the roc3 that you like putting with? what makes it so good, and what putters have you tried? why do you not use the aviar?

do you putt with your index finger resting against the side of the disc, or wrapped under the disc?

Last edited: