• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Got my first Cubby ace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Yeah! 3rd throw off the tee on hole 6 in Asheboro! Eagle sailed clean and faded into the basket. I've now aced this hole legitimately and cheaply. Awesome.

0774d610_m.jpg

wow lol that hole looks so ridiculous. I wonder how much better a cubby ace is at this hole rather than a regular ace at most other holes...

You should see it with the leaves all out now, it's amazing that I've aced this twice and no other hole anywhere. I hit that gap right between the two big trees just right of the arrow and it was smooth sailing from there.

Congrats Dave! That line looks so tight man, I can't believe you've hit it twice! I got my first Cubby Ace on Thursday night. I have a little three hole course at my house (just change the tees, not the basket). It came on my second throw. All the holes are about 150 ft, but I probably got more excited about the Cubby Ace than I have gotten over true aces (with the exception of my first). I just figured I would've gotten one by now, so finally getting the monkey off of my back was awesome.

That's a great shot. Even if it was the third. That gap is tight.
DSCJNKY

Nice shot....again. I deuced that hole today off of a 30 foot putt. I feel like that's pretty good on that hole.

why do you call it a cubby ace, he claims all his aces are on the first throw.

Cubby aces are aces on ridiculously short holes (under 100') and especially aces not made with your first throw from the tee. Cubby has plenty of vids showing multiple discs laying around the pin implying that he emptied his bag and there's even some vids with really poor editing where clearly the disc thrown from the tee is not the same as the one going into the basket. I love Cubby, but many of his aces are BS. Still, good exposure for the sport I guess.

Can't wait to get a black ace now!

Nice shot....again. I deuced that hole today off of a 30 foot putt. I feel like that's pretty good on that hole.

A birdie on that hole is a good score. (on any hole really... but, especially that one).
DSCJNKY

i have played with cubby and asked him if they were all on the first shot and he said yes. can you post a link of a vid that shows discs lying around the basket when his ace goes in ? It has to be a vid where he is clearly playing by himself. If his aces are not legit i would lose all respect for him and would tell him so.

i have played with cubby and asked him if they were all on the first shot and he said yes. can you post a link of a vid that shows discs lying around the basket when his ace goes in ? It has to be a vid where he is clearly playing by himself. If his aces are not legit i would lose all respect for him and would tell him so.

Ugh, that's a lot of work. There was a vid posted on here a while back that clearly showed a different disc going into the basket then the one he threw from the tee but I'd rather be called a liar then look for it. :doh:

The discs lying around the basket thing would be tricky to prove too b/c he's always discing with a guy or two but they don't get much screen time so it's hard to tell who's throwing how many discs.

Cubby ace is pretty common slang around these parts so I'm not alone but trust me, I am most definitely a bastard. ;)

Cubby seems cool, but he gives my boy Nikko a hard time on those DG monthly vids. :thmbdown:

i dont know if he is member here but i just emailed him to get on here and once and for all end the dispute about his aces being legit first throws or lame fraudulent multiple throw shots. i guess we shall see.

i dont know if he is member here but i just emailed him to get on here and once and for all end the dispute about his aces being legit first throws or lame fraudulent multiple throw shots. i guess we shall see.

Oh snap. He is a member here and posted a couple of times but it's been awhile. For the record, and the search bar will validate me, I did not start this fire as Billy Joel would say.

ok so before you were practically calling him a fraud and now i say prove it and i hear excuses. lol.

Nah, I was just explaining vernacular brotha.

he gives nikko a hard time cuz little nikko is a foul mouthed fool when things dont go his way.

I've never seen Nikko in person but every time he does so much as roll his eyes Cubby makes it sound like he just kicked a puppy. That I have no problem telling Cubby.

Status
Not open for further replies.