• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Got my first Cubby ace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so let's recap: everyone on here says he's a fraud, he himself says nothing to counter those claims, you yourself, again, point out the fact that he's done nothing to defend himself, yet, you still smugly maintain he could've shot all of those aces righteously, and we're all dicks for not taking your point of view?

so let me recap ... i never called anyone a dick. I called brotherdave "sherlock" because he called me "holmes" but i guess you missed that part.. how convenient. I can fully understand why you would think cubby is a fraud but to say that everyone thinks so is innacurate. Brotherdave posted a link to a thread in which they did a poll .The poll asked "do you think cubby is legit?" 42 % said yes and 57% said no. According to my math that is hardly everyone. I go by what i know and that is i asked him about it once and he said they were all first throw shots . You prob never met him and are going off of his videos thinking it is impossible to do what he does. let me continue ...

cubby is known for getting to the course at 6 am and playing all day and into the night. when night comes he puts his glowsticks on and continues. he is a golfing machine .12 plus hours in a day golfing is done by him. Myself i would get bored of trying to hit the same shorter courses all the time but his ace count is important to him . Think of it,., from 6 am to midnight you play disc golf on a short course and you only take a break to eat and take a leak. aces are gonna happen. Again if he says some of them are not legit i would be disapointed but i doubt he will come on here and say anything. I will continue to email him until he tells me privately the truth or tells me to shut the "f "up. If he tells me privately that some are not legit i will not tarnish him on this public board but let him know privately i have lost respect for him

Congrats BroDave!

I *narrowly* missed my first ace yesterday at Bertrand Park, on hole #1. An inch higher and it would have went into chains instead off of the lip of the basket. :(

so let me recap ... i never called anyone a dick. I called brotherdave "sherlock" because he called me "holmes" but i guess you missed that part.. how convenient..

Technically, I never called you "holmes," I called you brotha, brotha. ;)

My only real gripe about Cubby is that he makes getting aces look ridiculously easy.

Yeah - they just showed a few aces and eagles at the Masters. It makes golf look so darn easy - why would anyone even want to try it!?!?

:D

Last edited:
Yeah - they just showed a few aces and eagles at the Masters. It makes golf look so darn easy - why would anyone even want to try it!?!?

:D

Note how none of those ball golfers are wearing sweatpants and tie dye shirts ;)

I know Innova only makes champion signature discs for actual...champions, but they should make an exception and make a Cubby signature one with a bunch of sharpie and tape all over it.

Last edited:
I know Innova only makes champion signature discs for actual...champions, but they should make an exception and make a Cubby signature one with a bunch of sharpie and tape all over it.

aaaaaaahahahahahahaha

gold.

i agree with midnight.

he probably does draw people in, and i'm all for that.

but being proud of such a cheap shot to me is like walking in to the local country club and flashing all the 1's on your scorecard from the local putt-putt.

Yeah! 3rd throw off the tee on hole 6 in Asheboro! Eagle sailed clean and faded into the basket. I've now aced this hole legitimately and cheaply. Awesome.

And I used to think I liked you. How sad. Cubby Ace's are for people with 0 self-esteem Let's play so you can kick my ass, win a game, and get over those pathetic ideas of accomplishment you have.

And I used to think I liked you. How sad. Cubby Ace's are for people with 0 self-esteem Let's play so you can kick my ass, win a game, and get over those pathetic ideas of accomplishment you have.

Whatchu talkin bout willis?

I ain't Willis. He throwd farther than me. But we do need to meet up sometime. Are you heading to Sugaree next week?

Congrats on the Ace!

Regarding some of the comments in this thread, and countless others....

I do not understand the attitude displayed on the internet regarding "cubby aces." In my eyes, if you throw a disc from the teepad and it goes into the basket, it's an ace, period. Whether it's #1, or #10, scored or not. It doesn't take any less skill to do it on your 5th shot than it does your 1st, especially if it's a hole you've played before.

What you guys say in response won't change my viewpoint, but I'm curious as to why throwing a second shot from the teepad automatically makes the ace worthless in the eyes of the internets?

It's not worthless. It's just not the same as having an ace in a round when you step up to the tee and sink it first shot. When you throw 10 consecutive shots, your odds have to improve alot.

And congrats on your ace and cubby ace, Brotherdave. I looked at the course photos. A 300 foot hole? I'm impressed. But where is the water?

I ain't Willis. He throwd farther than me. But we do need to meet up sometime. Are you heading to Sugaree next week?

Got a tourney in Castle Hayne, maybe next time amigo.

leppard said:
And congrats on your ace and cubby ace, Brotherdave. I looked at the course photos. A 300 foot hole? I'm impressed. But where is the water?
Thanks brotha! There's a little (very little) creek that meanders straight down the fairway on the right and to the right of that there's a good sized depression that fills with rainwater, gets stagnant and nasty, but that's it. That stagnant little hole is the key, if you get your disc past the first barricade of trees you can fly clean almost all the way to the basket.

Congrats on the Ace!

I do not understand the attitude displayed on the internet regarding "cubby aces." In my eyes, if you throw a disc from the teepad and it goes into the basket, it's an ace, period. Whether it's #1, or #10, scored or not. It doesn't take any less skill to do it on your 5th shot than it does your 1st, especially if it's a hole you've played before.

What you guys say in response won't change my viewpoint, but I'm curious as to why throwing a second shot from the teepad automatically makes the ace worthless in the eyes of the internets?

This has probably been said, but I have to say it.
It does take less skill, it's called muscle memory. you can adjust from throw one to throw 2, so an ace is an ace if it's the first throw.
And dave, congrats, I am sorry people are giving you such a hard time when they should be saying nice shot.

Congrats on the Ace!

I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole.

Well, because its a second shot. Getting it right the first time is what makes it an ace. Calling anything less an ace bastardizes the whole concept.

Truthfully, even real aces are far too over-revered by too many DG'ers. As elusive as they are to get, they only are as good as two birdies in the scoring department.

Yeah! 3rd throw off the tee on hole 6 in Asheboro! Eagle sailed clean and faded into the basket. I've now aced this hole legitimately and cheaply. Awesome.

0774d610_m.jpg
Did you buy mulligan tickets or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts