• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Got my first Cubby ace!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be convinced of foul play if the discs were 2 different colors but i dont know something does not seem right. exact same color exact same line .

and it is thrown twice!
ok, camera fault. the same camera that cleans up his discs from the ground, oh wait his videos don't show the ground by the basket.

alright looking at the vid again the line of the discs is NOT exactly the same They are close but NOT exact. Again thanks for posting it.

Where the heck did the first disc go?

Gunkel actually talked to cubby (after looking up his #, getting the cell from the wife...... etc.), he should give the full story at some point

your right cubby will not respond here. He was kind enough to return my call and we spoke for roughly 5 or 10 minutes.
here is basically what he said. He admits to throwing 2 discs on his 125th ace. In fact he writes that he did in his description of the video. ( did anyone notice ). Secondly he said he plays for fun and fun only he is not out to set the guinness book of records for most aces. To me only the first disc thrown should qualify for an ace . He views that differently. Remember he is not getting any ace pot money nor trying to break any sort of record. It is just his preference to call it an ace. Any time he has played 2 throws per hole he says he has said that he was doing that on his video description. i would imagine he has a crapload of first disc thrown aces. He does not just stand on the tee box and unload a bunch of throws. He often plays 2 discs per hole but no more than 2 discs and again if he hits the second one he admits that in the video description. Continued below.

Per that video which nobody read (including myself)

DiscGolfer — October 04, 2006 — Spent my day off in Delaware Disc Golfing. Got my 125th Ace on Hole 5 at Cape Henlopen Disc Golf Course. During the round I was playing 2 discs per hole so if you look close you will see the first disc played just before the Ace with the second disc.

Last edited:
cubby said that he gets a boatload of emails from people that have seen his videos but have never played before and they usually say stuff like they tried out disc golf because of seeing his videos and love the game . He gets many thank yous from people on a daily basis. He loves to promote the game in a positive way. He said he is not concerned at all about the naysayers and that he will not and cannot respond to everyone that questions his aces. Again playing for fun only. I am ok with the fact that many of his aces are on the short side and as long as he admits when an ace goes in on the second shot i have no problem with that either. There have been many conversations on what is a legit ace or not on this board. You be the judge. let me remind everyone that he does NOT just stand on the tee and haul off discs til one of them goes in.

"I can feel your anger. It gives you focus, makes you stronger."

Dave, -2000 Internetz for you. -500 for getting a cubby ace. -1500 for posting about it and starting this convo.

darth%20sidious.jpg

i only played with him one time prenoob and that was years ago. So if his 125th ace was after that i guess i wont ever know and i dont care . the thread is closed for me. I told him when he comes down my way i'd love to throw with him again.

Lets see what the boss says:
If you're throwing multiple shots, I'd argue that it isn't an "ace" by definition since you're not keeping score (along the lines of what magictenor said). Throwing multiple shots is just practice, some will hit, some will miss. Is it cool if you make it in? Definitely. Would I count it as a true ace? Definitely not.

i only played with him one time prenoob and that was years ago. So if his 125th ace was after that i guess i wont ever know and i dont care . the thread is closed for me. I told him when he comes down my way i'd love to throw with him again.

you guys can go to a 99 foot hole and empty your bags together then cuddle.

I just want get to the bottom line and close this thread for good.

Bottom Line: You wouldn't walk around the course all day with a camera, walk to the end of every fairway, set the camera up, then walk back to the tee, throw one shot, miss (unless you're Cubby), and then say, "Oh well. On to the next hole."

Hell no. That had to have taken ten minutes to do... plus the exhaustion factor of trying to play 18 holes that way. Of course you'd throw more than 1 shot. I would. You would. Cubby should. I don't blame him. I'm not mad.

Basically, he HAS to throw more than 1 shot. It's too much work not too.
DSCJNKY

to all the guys that sit around on this board and wasted time bitching about cubby with the multiple threads and name calling all you had to do was take the time like i did and get in touch with the guy and you would have known the answers. But nOOOO you guys gotta act like dicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts