• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Got shafted at a tourney, what would you do?

I would have made sure I know where the 'mandos' are IMO. If the guy is threatening to kill you, call the police; the TD will get his stuff together in a hurry when he's allowed a player in his tourney who is threatening other players and passing out cheap drugs. It'll probably ensure you don't get stroked while on your way to find said TD (who may or may not care) - things will come to a halt when the police show up; guarantee it.

So, I played the ford park spring challenge in Shreveport, LA yesterday. The first round I got put on a card with 4 other golfers. On the first tee, one guy,S, says "well time to take some lortabs, who wants some?" and proceeds to give out the pills to at least one other guy, I turned away and zoned it all out so I only know that one other guy took the pills. S proceeds to run his mouth and try and get in my head but I was impenetrable which just seemed to piss him off more. S is taking phone calls and conference calls the whole first round, and holding up the whole card, but his circus buddies never said one thing about courtesy or stroking him. He actually left his putter and mini on a hole because he was on the phone so i lent him a mini. The second round comes around S and I are paired up again. Once again I blocked his non senese out and played my game. UNtil the second to last hole, 5. We played different tees each round, on hole 5 from the concrete trees there is a big mando arrow about 40 feet up this pine tree, that nobody paid attention too. The second round iis from a dirt tee a little further back. I had the box and was deciding on my line from the tee. From where I stood a huge pine tree completely blocked the tree with the mando arrow. So i threw my low hyzer line and came back to sit down and the others were like "dude, you know there is a mando on this hole right?' WEll, no I didn't know that until you told me. THere are no tee signs denoting a mando and on the other holes that had a mando for one tee but not the other, it was marked. But this one was not. Everyone but S said I could rethrow without a penalty since it wasnt clear. So I was a little upset. S steppe on his disc while he was putting so I called a foot fault on him and then he started going Irate. I asked him if there was a reason he had a problem with me on the next box and he blew up in my face saying if anyone questions his manhood he beats them to veggie state. I was over it at this point and marked my circle 5, ready to play the last hole. I nail a 50 foot birdie putt to finish the round. S has a 30 foot putt for birdie and proceeds to 5 putt. Then he comes over and gets about an 1 inch away from my face saying he is going to kill me. I told him I wasn't going to fight him and he went on about it wasn't going to be a fight he was just going to kill me basically. I really only cared about the penalty for my rating, I was shooting pretty well and wanted to finish strong, but I made a mistake and I let it get to me. I beat S by 10 strokes probably which is why I thin he was so mad in the first place. This same guy had his son playing in Novice that day and made one guy change his score on a hole that he swore he 2ed but he 3ed, just a real pos in my opinion. What would you have done? I do admit I fueled the fire by calling him on the foot fault but I was just curious how yall would of handled this.

Last edited:
From Drugs.com

What is Lortab?
Related Video
Rheumatoid Arthritis

Learn the signs of RA and how to relieve the pain.
.Lortab contains a combination of acetaminophen and hydrocodone. Hydrocodone is in a group of drugs called narcotic pain relievers. Acetaminophen is a less potent pain reliever that increases the effects of hydrocodone

The worst (acting) disc golfers I've ever met were during tourneys. I no longer play tourneys. Life's too short to not have fun during your leisure time.

From Drugs.com

What is Lortab?
Related Video
Rheumatoid Arthritis

Learn the signs of RA and how to relieve the pain.
.Lortab contains a combination of acetaminophen and hydrocodone. Hydrocodone is in a group of drugs called narcotic pain relievers. Acetaminophen is a less potent pain reliever that increases the effects of hydrocodone

keep the illegal drug talk to a min since the mods really ask not to even bring these things up....

instead post a link to let me google that for you then the site doesn't contain any drug discussions.

Next time talk to PDGA.com too that would get a lazy TD off his ass if that was the issue.

The TD ran an awesome event, and he was unaware of any of this. I was still pretty fired up emotionally when I wrote this thread and I apologize, Thanks for the input. Close thread please.

So, I played the ford park spring challenge in Shreveport, LA yesterday. The first round I got put on a card with 4 other golfers. On the first tee, one guy,S, says "well time to take some lortabs, who wants some?" and proceeds to give out the pills to at least one other guy, I turned away and zoned it all out so I only know that one other guy took the pills. S proceeds to run his mouth and try and get in my head but I was impenetrable which just seemed to piss him off more. S is taking phone calls and conference calls the whole first round, and holding up the whole card, but his circus buddies never said one thing about courtesy or stroking him. He actually left his putter and mini on a hole because he was on the phone so i lent him a mini. The second round comes around S and I are paired up again. Once again I blocked his non senese out and played my game. UNtil the second to last hole, 5. We played different tees each round, on hole 5 from the concrete trees there is a big mando arrow about 40 feet up this pine tree, that nobody paid attention too. The second round iis from a dirt tee a little further back. I had the box and was deciding on my line from the tee. From where I stood a huge pine tree completely blocked the tree with the mando arrow. So i threw my low hyzer line and came back to sit down and the others were like "dude, you know there is a mando on this hole right?' WEll, no I didn't know that until you told me. THere are no tee signs denoting a mando and on the other holes that had a mando for one tee but not the other, it was marked. But this one was not. Everyone but S said I could rethrow without a penalty since it wasnt clear. So I was a little upset. S steppe on his disc while he was putting so I called a foot fault on him and then he started going Irate. I asked him if there was a reason he had a problem with me on the next box and he blew up in my face saying if anyone questions his manhood he beats them to veggie state. I was over it at this point and marked my circle 5, ready to play the last hole. I nail a 50 foot birdie putt to finish the round. S has a 30 foot putt for birdie and proceeds to 5 putt. Then he comes over and gets about an 1 inch away from my face saying he is going to kill me. I told him I wasn't going to fight him and he went on about it wasn't going to be a fight he was just going to kill me basically. I really only cared about the penalty for my rating, I was shooting pretty well and wanted to finish strong, but I made a mistake and I let it get to me. I beat S by 10 strokes probably which is why I thin he was so mad in the first place. This same guy had his son playing in Novice that day and made one guy change his score on a hole that he swore he 2ed but he 3ed, just a real pos in my opinion. What would you have done? I do admit I fueled the fire by calling him on the foot fault but I was just curious how yall would of handled this.

Dude, sorry you came to my area and experienced one of our flaming waste of oxygen.:wall::thmbdown: Like most DG scenes, almost everyone is cool, laid back and willing to help a out of town DG traveler. Not sure if the guy you encountered is homegrown or wound up moving here. Doesn't matter, unfortunately azzholes are everywhere. I will talk to Kev and find out who this individual is and power bomb him a few times.:D

The worst (acting) disc golfers I've ever met were during tourneys. I no longer play tourneys. Life's too short to not have fun during your leisure time.

Same experience here. The folks saying that you should "be that guy" are correct, I just have better things to do with my off time.

What I would not do is ...... Let the dude come within arms reach of me threatening my life, then just complain about it the next day online. Take your ass whoopin like a man if that's what has to happen next time and tell us that story the next day. Pllus if the dude is on loritabs he was prolly on slow-mo anyway shouldn't be that hard to lay him down.

best response to this entire thread.

best response to this entire thread.

Really? The OP is not worth listening to because he did not pick a fight with a guy with a temper problem who is on drugs?

Now, I would say he should have brought it up with the TD right afterwards.

But I fail to see where being beaten up - or the opposite - validates his complaint either way.

Everyone was absolutely amazing, very good community of DGers in Shreveport!!!! I was playing advanced, I could of played Open but I feel like MA1 players shouldn't have to pull out the rule book every hole. For those of you who think I should of fought him or taken a beating; Why would I stoop to his level and fight him, thats what he wanted. The whole day he tried getting in my head but just got more angry when it didn't work. He wanted me to swing on him but it just pissed him off more that I wouldn't. This is disc golf, violence is not the answer. Thank you all for the reponses, next time I will be "that guy"...don't drink, do drugs, step on your mini, or whatever because I will call you on it and I will inform the TD if any other shennanigans occur.

that story reads like the tourney from HELL. Props for not fighting. People on drugs do irrational things they only regret when they are in jail and find out they're going to have a felony case.

Lesson learned, you need to be "that guy" who insists on reading the rules: OB and mandos before each hole. It pisses people off sometimes but that's the only way to do it if you don't know the course. Because there are no re-throws even if you don't know the rules.

Latest posts