• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gov't shutdown effecting your course?

I have plenty of s**t to do, but that does not excuse me or any other American to allow the wool to be pulled over their eyes.

The Federal Government is afraid that we can live without them and their outrageous overspending. 17 trillion in debt and counting.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the "and counting" is no longer true. Months ago, in the hours before they actually surpassed the debt limit, they simply decided to stop counting it. True. I guess that means that they stopped overspending, huh? :doh:

...we are living in Orwellian times, my friends.

Getting away from the political end of things and back to the original topic, I've been spending every afternoon on shutdown week (I'm a Fed) playing. I've taken days off during the week, played some of the courses in the area and they are usually empty. This week, there is quite a crowd out at the courses here in Maryland. Hey at least I'm getting some good practice in.

I just read that the pentagon spent 5.5 Billion dollars just before the shut down. It's on the main XFinity home page.

I have plenty of s**t to do, but that does not excuse me or any other American to allow the wool to be pulled over their eyes.
Yes, complaining about things in abstract on a disc golf forum is much better.

Uh, guys, is this a politics blog or a disc golf forum? Lets leave the politics out of this. I come here for my disc golf fix. If I wanted to read about how everyone feels about Obama or congress, I'd go read FoxNews or HuffPo's comment sections. But I'm here, so.... stop? Please?

Is a locked gate going to actually stop you from playing the course?

A locked gate won't necessarily stop me, but the ranger who told me to leave with a caution that playing would constitute trespassing will keep me away. Our weekly dubs league had to switch courses since we were scheduled to play at a Corps course tonight (Turkey Creek).

For me...

One of my favorite local courses is a Corps of Engineers. Walnut Ridge just north of Des Moines, Iowa is closed. ( http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=64 ) Front gate is locked so there is no access to the parks roads. Slight bummer is that the last open day of the season was to be October 6th.

Darn! Glad I got to play it a few weeks back during my "brocation" trip with two other fellows. We drove up from Jefferson City, MO and hit all the good stuff in Des Moines. That was a favorite for sure!

Is a locked gate going to actually stop you from playing the course?

Don't know if anyone has said it but that would be trespassing on federal land, automatic felony. Not so good on a job resume just for a round of golf.

EDIT: Damn, I should have read through first lol

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone has said it but that would be trespassing on federal land, automatic felony. Not so good on a job resume just for a round of golf.

EDIT: Damn, I should have read through first lol

Unless the entire park is enclosed by a fence with 'no trespassing' signs everywhere it would take a federal official to ask you to leave and then you refusing to leave for you to be considered trespassing.

ZsojUOn.jpg

This last week was beautiful weather that had me pining to take a day off. Wish I had a federal job!

Latest posts