• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Greater Lemon Lake area- advice?

Thanks for all the info so far. First thoughts on itinerary:

Sat: Joliet (camp Kankanee River SP)
Sun: Lemon (camp Emerald Trails)
Mon: Lemon (camp Emerald Trails)
Tue: Rogers->France + glow (camp France)
Wed: Mississinewa + another anywhere in between Peru and O'Hare

A couple more questions:

If we're not starting until around 11-12 on Saturday in Joliet, AND we're a group of five, AND we're relatively slow when we all get together, can we realistically get three courses in on Saturday?

If you had to pick three courses to play around Joliet, what would they be? What about the top two? Is two (or even three) enough? Would you skip one of the Lemon Lake courses to play another in Joliet? Or even north of Lemon (Hidden Lake, Countryside)?

If we're making the drive down to France for glow (plus a preceding daylight round), what would you play next? We can definitely get one more, maybe two.

Any other thoughts? Might there be tournaments/doubles/etc. that we'd run into with this schedule?

noon is kind of a late start for joliet...sometimes the courses out there are really packed, u might get 3 courses in. my favs in the joliet area are community park, west park & highland park. community & highland are the best 2 courses, a lot of people dont like west much, but i think its an awesome fun course. round barn and trinity are good too. lots of people like mokena, but i dont. olympia fileds is a fun short course
i would skip hidden lake and maybe 1 course at lemon...countryside is ok, but not a must play. westville is a lot better. at lemon, play silver/gold, red, then play blue if u have a lot of time or white if u dont have much time. not sure about tourneys/doubles

Bumping this up for proximity (trip starts in 11 days!)

We've reworked our itinerary a bit, so comments would be helpful on the following:

SAT: Drive to Valpo, play Rogers Lakewood, drive to Peru, play France/Camp Collum, then glow and camp at France/Camp Collum
SUN: Private course (valley view), drive towards Lemon Lake - bag a course on the way or 1 round at LL; house
MON: Lemon Lake! (3); house
TUES: Lemon Lake! (2); other courses?; house
TUES NIGHT: 3 floyds?; stealth glow round at LL short course?
WED: Joliet > highland + community + round barn if time?

Do we GLOW at France or Cullom? How vigilant is the Ranger presence? Again, we don't get blasted for glow, but a beer or two is always nice. Are we asking for it? Do they really search your stuff or check up during a glow round?

Is glow at Lemon Lake a possibility? We've got a house rented about 2 miles from the courses, and would love to get out to the short course Tuesday night.

We got a tip about some private courses close to Camp Cullom (and I hope I'm not letting the cat out of the bag here)- does anyone have contact info? Or know anything about the courses themselves?

Round Barn or West for our third course in Joliet?

Feel free to PM me, I'll probably see it sooner.

Thanks again!

Stop in at The Flight Center when you're up at Lemon Lake! There is no night golf permitted at this time in the park however the gate opens at 7AM and closes 1/2 hour before sunset. If you're also in the area on Wednesday, our league starts meeting up around 5:45 and they head out at 6PM, random draw doubles just $5, $1 Ace, $1 CTP, food provided after the round and then the group heads out to downtown Crown Point for a few hours afterwards. For more information, you can always give us a call at 219-771-3472!

Valley View? Can you provide any info? I'll be back in my home state in a few weeks and would like to play another course in that area.

Countryside Park in Portage???

I moved away from the area (Valparaiso/Rogers Lakewood) in February, so I am not sure how the course is these days, but what about Countryside in Portage? The course was fairly new when I left but I thought it was alot of fun to play. I was surprised nobody has mentioned it.

Next week....

Any new news from the Lemon Lakes area?

Bump...

So, the last time (last year maybe...) I was down Lemon Lake way, the EAB had really hit the red course hard.
White had some new holes, Blue had some changes as well.
Don't remember anything else, other than the "pro shop" was never open...

Has anything else been going on down there?

Might be that way next month, looking for hopefully more positive info...

or is the same couple "running" things?

Really miss the guys that really did the early grunt work there...

So, the last time (last year maybe...) I was down Lemon Lake way, the EAB had really hit the red course hard.
White had some new holes, Blue had some changes as well.
Don't remember anything else, other than the "pro shop" was never open...

Has anything else been going on down there?

Might be that way next month, looking for hopefully more positive info...

or is the same couple "running" things?

Really miss the guys that really did the early grunt work there...

PM Sent.

Latest posts