• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Green Mountain Championships

Is there any indication, on the website, that he took cash, or declined cash in lieu of merch?
Yes, it appears that he took cash.
Also he's renewed as Pro.

If I play pro, take merch, am I considered pro?
No. But you need to make sure the TD doesn't file the Event Report with a cash award. There's actually a separate area to note any Ams that play Pro and decline cash to retain Am status.

attachment.php

Yes, it appears that he took cash.
Also he's renewed as Pro.

No. But you need to make sure the TD doesn't file the Event Report with a cash award. There's actually a separate area to note any Ams that play Pro and decline cash to retain Am status.

Thank you, guys.

Oh joy, a large event that couldn't be bothered to run string or paint on an OB line.

Stakes like that are fine for day to day use since paint wears off and string can be damaged too easily, but for a single weekend, make a definitive line.

(for reference, lead card, hole 5, round 2)

Oh joy, a large event that couldn't be bothered to run string or paint on an OB line.

Stakes like that are fine for day to day use since paint wears off and string can be damaged too easily, but for a single weekend, make a definitive line.

Stakes and no line works for golf, why not for disc?

Yep. At minimum, stakes should be close enough so a 10 meter tape or string can be whipped out, potentially by a player or official to temporarily produce the line. Under the circumstances, it looked like the rocks just beyond the stakes might have been just as good as a stake line.

Not sure how that would work. If you shot from one stake to the other, you might not be able to get it low enough to see if it crossed over the disc or not due to grass.

Hold a laser pointer to one stake (just over the ground), put the red dot on the next stake. Get a birdie bag or something else with powder (baby powder or talcum works well), and sprinkle the powder where the beam is going. It'll light up (the laser light will reflect on the powder in the air), and one can see if the disc is under that red line or not, and thus make the correct determination.

Lots of unnecessary OB on this course. We lose the chance to see these top players execute recovery saves from tough lies. The penalty just pads the score on a shot that's already in a tough lie. Reminds me of Chili in 1999 Worlds where the whole outside bushy boundary of the farm was strung as OB. No chance to test your skills and save a shot with with a good recovery.

Lots of unnecessary OB on this course. We lose the chance to see these top players execute recovery saves from tough lies. The penalty just pads the score on a shot that's already in a tough lie. Reminds me of Chili in 1999 Worlds where the whole outside bushy boundary of the farm was strung as OB. No chance to test your skills and save a shot with with a good recovery.

It's OB that covers up boring course design.

Not the open grass OB but the OB lining the woods lines that's unneeded in several areas unless it's so nasty in those areas that it's unplayable anyway. Can't easily tell from the video.

Not the open grass OB but the OB lining the woods lines that's unneeded in several areas unless it's so nasty in those areas that it's unplayable anyway. Can't easily tell from the video.

Maybe saving time so players have to come inbounds rather than make one or more shots out of the bad stuff?

i really thought mcbeth would set a course record at fox run, anyway, did anybody notice on hole 5, gregs OB disc seemed to be picked up before his mini position was established. i thought there were penalties involved with that. at 1hr mark during live feed, anybody know for sure?

Latest posts