• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip-EQ A14 Tour Bag

it better lead to topless women handing out Swedish plastic, booze and cigars.

I just want to know if it stands up better than the rest. And comfort level

Has anyone who has tried out the bag have any reviews on it? I'm thinking about buying one next week once the paycheck comes in. But I can't find any reviews of the actual bag. Just that people don't like the topographical map.(I don't mind it, looks cool but it is pointless.)

Has anyone who has tried out the bag have any reviews on it? I'm thinking about buying one next week once the paycheck comes in. But I can't find any reviews of the actual bag. Just that people don't like the topographical map.(I don't mind it, looks cool but it is pointless.)

It hasn't been released yet, so no one really knows.

Functionally, it looks almost identical to last year's A-series with some minor tweaks. I assume it will be comparable to that.

Functionally, it looks almost identical to last year's A-series with some minor tweaks. I assume it will be comparable to that.

What Smitty said. :thmbup:

Still an "A" series Grip bag, A14 Tour Bag, so it will be very close to the existing "A" series bag with some minor tweaks like the topographical map graphic I assume.

I think Grip has lost touch. the L series looked so complete. and high quality. the A series with its screen printy logo and really no other improvements was a fail. IMO!!!! this one is too funny. im sure it will sell. and Bender will prob buy 3. such is DGCR

I think Grip has lost touch. the L series looked so complete. and high quality. the A series with its screen printy logo and really no other improvements was a fail. IMO!!!! this one is too funny. im sure it will sell. and Bender will prob buy 3. such is DGCR

...No improvements like the fixes to the various pockets, changing the weight distribution to make it stand better and the like....

I own an all black A series bag and love it. Looks nice and clean, works great, no complaints what so ever.

Maybe it'd be nice if the logo was stitched instead of screen printed, but who cares. The all black looks great and it works as advertised.

That's true their is a pattern to the fabric. I guess I find a difference because one is part of the material and it's done throughout in a subtle way. Maybe I would feel different about this if it was continuous of done more low key. Right now it just stands out and I see no purpose. Plus it's not part of the fabric it's an additional cost of a screen print. If they had made real changes I probably would have already preordered one despite the topography map. Thing is they are touting that as one of the changes and the rest just seem pointless. They couldn't figure out how to balance the bag in round 2 I don't have much confidence for this one. I don't need my bag parts labeled. I love my L Frame but I see no point in releasing this so close to the A frame bag and making very little changes that are worth the price.

The soldier bag won't be for everyone but at less than a 1/3 of the cost of this new grip I can store as much water, maybe 1 or 2 less discs, and I really don't gain much storage over it with my grip. I do have one and this has the same side pockets. I just think they're moving in the wrong direction personally. If you want to keep charging that price you have to make changes in the quality of the bag or reduce the costs I believe. They can't keep relying on that "first backpack design" sales pitch. There are better options coming out. This is coming from a fan of grip bags too. :thmbup:

Revolution, Gorilla Boy and Gateway all made DG specific backpacks before Grip arrived on the scene.

I own an all black A series bag and love it. Looks nice and clean, works great, no complaints what so ever.

Maybe it'd be nice if the logo was stitched instead of screen printed, but who cares. The all black looks great and it works as advertised.

How else would it work. I just think they should have stuck with the higher quality