• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ bag... is it worth it?

Well it seems that the lifetime warranty for Grip bags isn't all that its cracked up to be. 3 years in and i have significant structural damage that's causing the bag to lean and fall over. Plus the base is sinking in and causing excessive wear.
Got an email today rejecting my warranty claim.......but since they "value me as a Grip Equipment Disc Golf Bag owner" they're offering me a 50% off deal.

Why would i pay MORE MONEY for a product that fails and the warranty not honored?

Well it seems that the lifetime warranty for Grip bags isn't all that its cracked up to be. 3 years in and i have significant structural damage that's causing the bag to lean and fall over. Plus the base is sinking in and causing excessive wear.
Got an email today rejecting my warranty claim.......but since they "value me as a Grip Equipment Disc Golf Bag owner" they're offering me a 50% off deal.

Why would i pay MORE MONEY for a product that fails and the warranty not honored?

Do you have the John & Kate +8 haircut and ask to see the manager regularly by chance?

You didn't buy the privilege of having a brand new bag forever. That's not what warranties are for. 3 years, who knows how many rounds and not one blown seam, but you want a crisp bag NIP because "it is leaning". Right. Let me get the manager for you. Lol

Do you have the John & Kate +8 haircut and ask to see the manager regularly by chance?

You didn't buy the privilege of having a brand new bag forever. That's not what warranties are for. 3 years, who knows how many rounds and not one blown seam, but you want a crisp bag NIP because "it is leaning". Right. Let me get the manager for you. Lol

Actually I DO expect a company to honor their warranty if the product fails in 3 years.
I'm not a touring pro that plays 10 rounds a week. I probably average 2-3 rounds a week. Previous bags I've owned have lasted longer so when I hear all the happy Grip owners go on about how great their bags are and I shell out $300 for an inferior product, I speak up about it. I didn't abuse it or misuse it. Actually surprised that the internal structure failed before the straps did, because that's what normally wears out first.

Thanks for the cheap shot. I've been playing this game longer than most, a little respect goes a long way :doh:

I'm an advocate for Fossa. But in any case a disc golf bag is a specific kind of thing. How much do you play? If It's more than twice a week I'd say yes. Everyone has a different ideal price point, but generally yes any given bag/cart IS worth it. Also by supporting companies that sponsor players/tourneys and help with tour efforts in general are probably worth supporting.

Actually I DO expect a company to honor their warranty if the product fails in 3 years.
I'm not a touring pro that plays 10 rounds a week. I probably average 2-3 rounds a week. Previous bags I've owned have lasted longer so when I hear all the happy Grip owners go on about how great their bags are and I shell out $300 for an inferior product, I speak up about it. I didn't abuse it or misuse it. Actually surprised that the internal structure failed before the straps did, because that's what normally wears out first.

Thanks for the cheap shot. I've been playing this game longer than most, a little respect goes a long way :doh:

Agreed on the respect issue. However how closely did you read the warranty? Not saying that it's your fault or aiming to take pot shots but as a contractor I run into issues like this all the time. Make sure a warranty covers what's imortant to you as a consumer. Three years at 2-3 rounds a week is still quite a bit of use.

Last edited:

Dude it's no cheap shot to understand where the warranty guy is coming from. The bag is still completely useable (therefore the product lifetime is not yet over), and they offered you another one at half price- but yet you're on here warning everyone everywhere how terrible they are despite that pretty generous offer.

Anyone familiar with warranties and how they actually work vs, how they sound in your head will likely tell you the same thing. Good luck out there.

Just another point of comparison..... the handful or so of local Grip owners helped convince me to get this bag. All of there bags are older and do not show the structural wear that mine does. I know these people and see them out playing at least as much as I do if not more.

Apologies for apparently expecting more than 3 years of life for a bag I paid so much for. I'll go back to $50 bags that last 5-6 years.

Thanks to the SJWs for setting me straight.

Just another point of comparison..... the handful or so of local Grip owners helped convince me to get this bag. All of there bags are older and do not show the structural wear that mine does. I know these people and see them out playing at least as much as I do if not more.

Apologies for apparently expecting more than 3 years of life for a bag I paid so much for. I'll go back to $50 bags that last 5-6 years.

Thanks to the SJWs for setting me straight.

Lol. I'm not a freakin SJW and fwiw you're not wrong for wanting more but thanks for the dramatics. I run a very large business and deal with customers in ways that keep policy and people on their toes at all time. Issues like this come up pretty regularly where the customer wants the world and you cannot give it to them.

It IS, however, sad that you don't understand that they seriously can't give you a free brand new bag while yours is still functional, and everyone who tries to explain why is some kind of jerk for relaying reality.

Right. Good luck with that. Have a nice day.

Having worked for a large grouping of non DG companies in customer service, it's never the point of the person on the other end of communication working for said company to give you everything you want, especially expensive stuff free. I worked for a major auto manufacturer on their recall/warranty line, and I'll tell you what, if you think trying to get a free bag is tough, try working on a part for your car replaced for free. There's entire armies of C serve operators who are working to not give you want you want...

I'm getting sick of all these ad bots. :(

Lol... I reported that post just before I posted.

Their site has 526 (all 4-5*) reviews from 11/01/19 through 04/24/20.

Seems super legit, like zero of them are fake or shills:wall:

I refuse to click links whenever I suspect bot activity.

I refuse to click links whenever I suspect bot activity.

I used a VM, don't worry;)

(if you don't know what that is, basically a fake computer inside of your real one. Test/etc. things without damaging your real components)

Latest posts