• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

This has actually become my favorite part of the bag. The fact that ya'll are going crayola on them. And quiet well I might add. Kudos ya'll your bags that you've had for all of 13 hrs and then modded immediately are spiffy :)

Have there been any defects at all? I saw "other" and assumed someone posted defects/problems, but I didn't see any in the thread. Did I miss something?:doh:

Yes, I got a bad one. But @ shows his good faith and shows that he is going to be successful in this process and has already taken care of it. If anyone is going to judge the warranty process or his business skills, you might want to think again.

anyone have a big man review? How well does it worth for the lineman disc golfers?

The Big Man review is a valid chunk of info. Not being able to get the damn thing on or off easily would be a deal breaker for me. My shoulders are broad enough to have had to devise a creative way to get my bag w/ backsavers on and off easily. ( i just for quad shocks and its not as much of a problem.)

Coldpunk (dude that added pics earlier in the thread) was talking about stowing xxl hoodies if that's any indication.

Glad everyone got their bags. They look pretty nice, but I wouldn't want to have to color my new bag. Maybe in the future he'll offer different color combinations??

The Big Man review is a valid chunk of info. Not being able to get the damn thing on or off easily would be a deal breaker for me. My shoulders are broad enough to have had to devise a creative way to get my bag w/ backsavers on and off easily. ( i just for quad shocks and its not as much of a problem.)

Coldpunk (dude that added pics earlier in the thread) was talking about stowing xxl hoodies if that's any indication.

yeah Coldpunk is a pretty big dude so I think if he says it's comfortable and easy to get on and off most people wouldn't have a problem with it.

I'm a smaller dude and I know Booter is too so I trust his review of comfort and ride.

yea im a shorter guy for reference.

5'5'' 190lbs 22" shoulders
it fits me good and i had room to loosen the straps if i needed. i put the bag on and it feels super light. you hold it in one hand and it feels heavy but after its on your back,no bag feels lighter at this size and bulk. my simian felt lighter than it looked too so i guess the grip isnt the only light big bag.

For those thinking about the color thing (even though most colors are represented IRL) I did a mock up in photoshop of 5 or so, linked below. I'm probably going with lime green once I find the right marker, but I'm running out of white threaded things in my house to test on :)

http://jn35646.imgur.com/gripcolors#oiqiK

^^^thx for the post. I like the colors and might have to rethink my all black logo (stealth theme). I like the color! Anyone know what J@ thinks of the color being added? I know the bags are no longer his, but he had to know that people would mod them somehow (if he has ever been on DGCR long enough to see all the bag mod threads). Just curious on his thoughts.

It is kinda funny to me that they color is is only real mod so far. Don't get me wrong, I am not assuming that there should be other mods, it just makes me laugh since this is the only mod I did to my previous bag. I went stealth on my black fade tourney bag and colored the logo black as well.

6'3...375.......shoulders are uber broad..over 25" wide...

6'3 and 375lbs F@$&ING S%!* DAWG. I'm 5'10 and 290lbs... you must be a friggin beast of a center... who do you play for? Pro? Collegiate? I will crap my pants if you say highschool...

also I've never thought about how the backpacks would fit bigger guys. Its a great point because all the people who probably helped justin were skinnier peeps. With the exception of Vals different body proportions as a women. She is rather fit though.

6'3...375.......shoulders are uber broad..over 25" wide...

I'm 6' 295lbs and it fits great. Ability to get the bag on and off while the straps were set up to have the bag riding high on my back was the first thing I checked after I loaded it up.

My old revo w/quadshocks was difficult to get on and off when I had everything tightened up to get the bag to ride higher(I had to attach my quads upper straps directly to the plastic d-ring type things on the revo to get it riding higher).

Even wearing layers the past two times I've played, the grip was easy to get on/off.

Last edited:
I ordered through DD last week but I didn't find it on their site. I had to send them an email and they quickly send me a reply with an paypal invoice.

What is this putter quiver that folks speak of? Care to elaborate or point one out in a pic?

I think its that thing on top where the putter sticks mostly out of the top of the bag so it's readily accessible.

IMG_0186.jpg

The yellow disc at the top of the bag is in the quiver pocket. You can reach back, grab it out, and make your tap-in without taking your bag off.:clap:

The yellow disc at the top of the bag is in the quiver pocket. You can reach back, grab it out, and make your tap-in without taking your bag off.:clap:

Oh okay, thanks guys. I thought that's what y'all were talking about but I wanted to make sure. I don't know if my T-Rex arms could reach back and use it though. :\ :D

All the detailed little stash pockets and everything do look spiffy, I'll be interested to see how these hold up over the seasons.

Any of you Grip owners that play rocky/mountain courses foresee any wear problems that might develop on the bottom?