• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

I have done the "sharpie on white thread bit" with other things in the past. I was thinking of going super stealth and doing black on black when mine comes in on Tuesday. I feel like I am stalking the UPS tracking website in hopes that it will get here sooner.:|

I am too. I know theres basically no way its coming earlier than that, but I still have to check several times a day just in case.

Me too.. Bullybulls and mine were in Mesquite at 4:51AM this morning.
Out for delivery!!!!! Come on UPS !!!!

I fear for my UPS driver's safety if said package is not delivered today.

Only concern I have is that it looks like it would be difficult to get your discs out of the main compartment when the top storage area is stuffed full. Can anyone confirm or deny?

...just got mine today!

Ok.. so - there's two zippers on the top of the bag where you can put stuff... they are essentially pouches that do not give access to the area where you put your discs... so no matter how full they get - it will not interfere with disc retrieval. I think the neatest part of the bag is the disc access. The zipper that opens up to your discs - when it's open, you can push it all the way to the back of the bag - and it velcros in place. If you don't fill up the top of the bag, you could put stuff in there - and have it held in place by that velcro'd flap - again, with no restriction to access to your discs.

There's just a ton of neat little things I've discovered on this bag. It just seems like a lot of thought went into the design. It feels very sturdy - and is incredibly light. The only oversight may be a very specific mini pouch... but I'm pretty sure you can fit one snugly in one of the side pockets (non-zippered near the bottom). The only change I can think of would be to add a mini pouch on the outside of the bag - near to where your discs are... just so you could pull them out at the same time. But this is a very minor gripe... the only time I use a mini is in tourneys... so it's not going to be a big issue.

Ok.. so - there's two zippers on the top of the bag where you can put stuff... they are essentially pouches that do not give access to the area where you put your discs... so no matter how full they get - it will not interfere with disc retrieval.

You do know one of those is the quiver putter pocket, right? One of the best features of the bag, IMO.

Any other problems or defects yet?

Have there been any defects at all? I saw "other" and assumed someone posted defects/problems, but I didn't see any in the thread. Did I miss something?:doh:

no mini pocket Coach
or that is my guess as to what may be considered by some to be a defect

Only time there isn't a mini pouch is when it is possibly going to rain and you are also carrying your stool.

yeah, my understanding was that this bag had tons of pockets etc
there had to be a place somewhere for a mini

yeah, my understanding was that this bag had tons of pockets etc
there had to be a place somewhere for a mini

Yeah, the two lower pockets that hold the bottom of a stool or umbrella work great for any size mini. The bungee pocket on the front bottom would be a good place as well (actually this is where I see myself keeping the scorecard). I don't think I will ever keep a disc in there as it inhibits getting discs out from the main compartment.

Team GRIP

(stole a page out of booters book)

IMG_0502.jpg

Mine
IMG_0503.jpg

Cox9127's
IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

We are both extremely happy with the quality of this bag. Its well designed and turned out really well. We are going to play a couple rounds tomorrow to field test them.

Sweet!!

I may end up being an idea thief as well and go light green on mine. That may end up helpful in bag identification when the Memorial comes around and I am not the only one with a Grip bag.

Latest posts