• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

I wasnt saying that you were, just using that as an example. Ya im going to hold onto mine for a backup, just in case. I just think he is doig himself a big problem by not getting those bad bags back

I wasnt saying that you were, just using that as an example. Ya im going to hold onto mine for a backup, just in case. I just think he is doig himself a big problem by not getting those bad bags back

He could have gotten the FR bad bags back and sold them at an extreme markdown "as is"...without a warranty. Maybe even hide a metal rivet in a particular place (as an identifier) and mark them as x-outs or misprints. :p

I restitched mine backup after the first round I played with it and its lasted this long. Go figure that, My BS hand stitching lasted months and his factory $hit lasted 9 holes. I am excited about this one though. Feels much tougher

I didn't take it that way.

I had a Phenix Quad Shock part break. I contacted Phenix and they asked that I send a picture. I got a new QS in the mail and he asked me to cut the old one up and send a picture of that also.

Interesting. My quads are busted too. To bad they are the ole school ones and not the newer model. Already fixed those too

I bought mine second hand. When I emailed him and asked him about the warranty, he asked who i bought it from. I sent him the guys name and address of who I bought it from and he replied back with "I haven't received a claim from him yet so I will honor that bag". I sent him pictures of the problems along with a picture of the bag tag so he knew what number it was. I was trying to be as honest as I could about it.

I honestly didn't think we would be able to keep the FR. Now that I have 2 I'm not sure I need both. I may end up selling the old one, may sell the new one, may keep both. We'll see.

I will keep advocating that 2nd bags should be given away to those who could benefit from them. It is each person's individual choice, but I certainly take some bit of an issue with those who are selling their first runs, especially if they received a similar email from Justin as I did where he asked us to give them to people who could use them.

I will keep advocating that 2nd bags should be given away to those who could benefit from them. It is each person's individual choice, but I certainly take some bit of an issue with those who are selling their first runs, especially if they received a similar email from Justin as I did where he asked us to give them to people who could use them.

As I posted, I agree with your choice. Props to you for doing the right thing. I never got an email from J@ requesting that I pass the FR along, but I think it is real cool of him to get on board with that idea. Yet another reason I will continue to support him/his company.

I think it's admirable to give your 1R to a "needy" dg-er.

Here is an excerpt from an email I got from J@ when I explicitly asked about sending my 1R back:

Throw some safety pins in it and have at it! I won't require you to send it back since this is our first production. (If you know a good sewer, have them fix it up and then you could potentially sell it once you get your replacement to recover some of the cost). That's what I would do ;)

I do agree that any second-hand bags should be sold under the assumption of no warranty, but it is hard to enforce that.

Its nice to see that e-mail from him, as it makes me a little less upset with people who've sold theirs. I didnt hold onto the e-mail but it suggested giving it to a needy disc golfer who couldn't afford one. I liked that idea and decided to go through with it.

Amazing what production of said product will do

I think it's admirable to give your 1R to a "needy" dg-er.

Here is an excerpt from an email I got from J@ when I explicitly asked about sending my 1R back:

Throw some safety pins in it and have at it! I won't require you to send it back since this is our first production. (If you know a good sewer, have them fix it up and then you could potentially sell it once you get your replacement to recover some of the cost). That's what I would do ;)

I do agree that any second-hand bags should be sold under the assumption of no warranty, but it is hard to enforce that.

If the man himself (J@) is cool with people selling the FRs, have at it. Not my thing (at this point), but if he is OK with potentially losing business to people that would buy a new 2nd run, then I should reserve my concern. At least he acknowledges the situation and provides a few possible acceptable solutions.

I carried my new Grip bag last night. Many people were checking it out but some people were hating on me. Some of my locals have been on the wait list for a while. I got some cash offers on the FR but none of the tight wads wanted to come off of the $$$$$.

Carried my 2nd Run last night in league, started out with heat index around 105+. He seems to have addressed all of the issues of the first run quite well.

On a side note. I can fit a 3 liter Camelbak bladder in an empty side pocket full of ice/water and the bag insulates enough to survive a few hours in that heat and still have a cool drink at the end. That much water is heavy, but I finished off the last gulp after a couple beers and 3 and a half hours outside in that weather.

How many strokes did it shave off of your guys' scores? :p

Looks like he'll be shipping out the pre-orders next week, mon-wed. Hopefully I'll get mine up in Canuckistan shortly after.

Latest posts