• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

I'm all for the screen printing because I'm all for a bag that is under $150. In fact, if they get it down to 100 or 125, they won't be able to make them fast enough. Then offer the higher end Grip so everyone is happy.

In fact, the material on those new bags and the marketing photos with the circles of whatever around each kind of screams THIS IS THE CHEAPER OPTION.

I'm an optimist, though, and wrong more than not.

I'm all for the screen printing because I'm all for a bag that is under $150. In fact, if they get it down to 100 or 125, they won't be able to make them fast enough. Then offer the higher end Grip so everyone is happy.

In fact, the material on those new bags and the marketing photos with the circles of whatever around each kind of screams THIS IS THE CHEAPER OPTION.

If this is their way of lowering the price, I'm all for it. $200 is a lot of money.

I really dont see this bag being under 150$. I hope Im wrong though.

As a pessimist, I applaud you your optimism on being wrong more than right.

No need to close this one, there still are thousands of L series bags out there.

Hi All,

Don't let us interrupt the discussion, but we thought we'd let you know, that's not your father's screen printing. It's a proprietary, high-performance ink bonding technique. We switched because we wanted something more consistent and more durable than embroidery. Unfortunately, it's also more expensive than embroidery, but we think it's worth the improvement.

Grip Equipment

Hi All,

Don't let us interrupt the discussion, but we thought we'd let you know, that's not your father's screen printing. It's a proprietary, high-performance ink bonding technique. We switched because we wanted something more consistent and more durable than embroidery. Unfortunately, it's also more expensive than embroidery, but we think it's worth the improvement.

Grip Equipment

More expensive than embroidery? sounds like a possible price increase rather than decrease.

I agree that they need logos for advertisement purposes but in my opinion, the logos are overboard. I'm not a fan of the screen printing either, seems really cheesy and low budget.

Overboard is the perfect term.

I get that you want to make money, but Apple doesn't put its logo on an iPhone/iPod/iPad 143 different places. Sometimes less is more.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Why in the world would grip aim to make a cheaper bag? They're selling hundreds of bags at the $200 price point. The next bag will be $200

No need to close this one, there still are thousands of L series bags out there.

True. But I think it would be better to have a dedicated thread for the A series.

No doubt there will be people wanting to know about the A series as well, though. And if someone is new to the site they might see this thread and have no idea where to start if they want to learn about the A series and not have to find where discussion of L stops and A begins.

Overboard is the perfect term.

I get that you want to make money, but Apple doesn't put its logo on an iPhone/iPod/iPad 143 different places. Sometimes less is more.

:popcorn:

Once Grip's logo is nearly universally known in the disc golf world, maybe that'll be the case. But right now there's still casual players out there that won't know anything about the bag from a distance without a large logo on it.

Hi All,

Grip Equipment

Welcome to DGCR!

More expensive than embroidery? sounds like a possible price increase rather than decrease.

My excitement has waned as they have smacked my expectations down with a pimp slap of "this crap ain't cheap, yo." I think I will be left out of the Grip army, even if the price stays the same.

Optimism sucks.