• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gyro Chat GYROS RULE (ps innova archon something something)

Took a brand new 171g Star Archon out today to throw around. I got in about 5 or 6 throws with it. Initial impression is blah. There are much better disc's out there to fill this spot in my bag.

Jesse B 707 said:
Wait....destroyers have the Vulcan top now??! :lol: leave it to innova to ruin all their best molds eventually

The buyers really should stop buying these and the shops should return all of these to Innova for regrinding into Echo Star if you ask me.

rusch_bag said:
Great. Now the archon is going to be too similar to the wraith so they are going to change the wraith without telling anyone and everyone will be very happy.

good, hopefully they return them to the Pre 12x KC state, when they were stable and dependable.

Well guys, I went straight to the source and asked Innova about the Destrulcan thing on their fb page. This is the response I got:

"The Destroyer mold has not been changed. Any change in appearance of the Destroyer is an artifact of the injection molding process. The top of some discs appear to have a slight ridge on the surface much like our Thumtrac. In our testing, this ridge did not affect the flight of the discs, only the appearance."

Peot said:
Well guys, I went straight to the source and asked Innova about the Destrulcan thing on their fb page. This is the response I got:

"The Destroyer mold has not been changed. Any change in appearance of the Destroyer is an artifact of the injection molding process. The top of some discs appear to have a slight ridge on the surface much like our Thumtrac. In our testing, this ridge did not affect the flight of the discs, only the appearance."
Pffft, lying through their teeth.

Frank Delicious said:
I don't know why people ask Dave D about Innova fuck ups, dude never answers truthfully.
Well he did admit that the PDs and TDs were run with the wrong core. And I'm not sure he's the one answering stuff over at FB.

jubuttib said:
Frank Delicious said:
I don't know why people ask Dave D about Innova fuck ups, dude never answers truthfully.
Well he did admit that the PDs and TDs were run with the wrong core. And I'm not sure he's the one answering stuff over at FB.

What? I haven't heard of that details please. Are the discs gonna change from what they are now?

Damn my Archon was flippy today maybe it breaks in fast. It rolls fast and far although the LSS makes it not want to finish straight. A fence stopped the disc at 470' going right of the initial rolling direction. A relaxed 18' apex throw went 400' in a tight s-curve but i have a hell of the time not to flip to ground short on low throws. It does not seem to be a forte of this disc. I'm thinking long high far right annies is the best use for this disc.

JR said:
Damn my Archon was flippy today maybe it breaks in fast. It rolls fast and far although the LSS makes it not want to finish straight. A fence stopped the disc at 470' going right of the initial rolling direction. A relaxed 18' apex throw went 400' in a tight s-curve but i have a hell of the time not to flip to ground short on low throws. It does not seem to be a forte of this disc. I'm thinking long high far right annies is the best use for this disc.

Yeah, the 175g star tester we got seems to scuff too easily for star plastic, so wouldn't be surprised it breaks in fast. Initial impressions are indeed not too impressive with this disc, flips too much when fresh and still has too much LSS to be actually a good distance driver, and the glide isn't there.

turso said:
JR said:

Yeah, the 175g star tester we got seems to scuff too easily for star plastic, so wouldn't be surprised it breaks in fast. Initial impressions are indeed not too impressive with this disc, flips too much when fresh and still has too much LSS to be actually a good distance driver, and the glide isn't there.

I got glide but it is cut short by the fade.

JR said:
jubuttib said:
Frank Delicious said:

What? I haven't heard of that details please. Are the discs gonna change from what they are now?
They ran the production run C-PDs and C-TDs with a +mold core (slanted). Dave admitted it was a mistake and future runs will be like they should.

There are older CFR run C-PDs and C-TDs that have the normal rim with production stamps floating around though, so you're excused not noticing. =)

It sure has some glide, but it's nowhere near what my pro wraiths had. Seems to make the disc a bit pointless.

JR said:
Palmface for ordering online.
Yeah, though at least Powergrip marked them differently on their site and Discmania's page said that they're going to sell the CFRs out first before moving on to the production runs.

hey so I got a champ archon as a throw in to a trade and I have to say, I like it. Definitely like it more than the star which was really hard to throw properly. This thing doesn't like being thrown hard but a smooth throw with a touch of hyzer will produce a great little s shot.

The thing is junk in the wind though.

Latest posts