• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gyro Chat GYROS RULE (ps innova archon something something)

How legal are most discs at events? I bet the majority of discs in the 173-175 range are over weight and illegal.
I just measured each Xcalibur, which is 4 of them, two champion two star, they are all the same. I don't use them, I won them in ring of fires. But very interesting indeed. I'd be interested to see if all you that have the Archon measure the rim. I only have the one from a players package. First Run Star Stamp.

I've worn the flash off of my Star Archon and it is quite understable to show for it. I'm kinda digging it in the hyzer-flip role though because I find the turn to be strong but reliable and easy to read.

Where can the Tech Specs be found for each disc? I know it's out there as I've seen the spreadsheet before but I can't seem to find it now... :(

First Post :D

I throw around 350 feet constistently with 7-9 speed drivers, and the star archon has replaced the star wraith I used to carry. It seems to be easier to keep nose-down and flat. Mine still isnt' broken in, but I love it for tight tunnel shots where I need the disc to stay flat without turning over and fade at the end of the flight.

My 174 &1 73CFR Archons are less stable than my production stamped 175 star Archon. I doubt it is due to weight.

r these flying like Vulcans? or Destrulcans? Seems like they would be like Destrulcans whaddya think?

Billym said:
My 174 &1 73CFR Archons are less stable than my production stamped 175 star Archon. I doubt it is due to weight.
My Star worked in pretty fast or I was just babying it, it turns earlier than the Protos. But I am loving this disc, I need to change my signature I guess.

Man my max weight fr star has absolutely shit for glide compared to my wraiths, just falls out of the air when it slows down, either these things are trash or I got a bunk one, either way my Wraiths arent going anywhere, a seasoned pro is twice as good as any archon ive tossed

niuvalleycane said:
r these flying like Vulcans? or Destrulcans? Seems like they would be like Destrulcans whaddya think?

Less need for initial hyzer for flipping to flat and earlier harder faster falling fade than Vulcans.

Jesse B 707 said:
Man my max weight fr star has absolutely shit for glide compared to my wraiths, just falls out of the air when it slows down, either these things are trash or I got a bunk one, either way my Wraiths arent going anywhere, a seasoned pro is twice as good as any archon ive tossed

Yeah...I have a sneaking suspicion that people who think that the Archon glides better than the Wraith are really just experiencing a better flightpath because it's less stable. To me, the real contrast between the Archon and Wraith comes in the last third of the flight where the Archon just dumps and the Wraith pushes forward. That damn Vulcan top makes the new Destroyers fly like this as well.

I saw some Star Vulcans as our club got some as fundraiser discs, and the top is very strange. It blows my mind that there were people who felt up those Destroyers and weren't immediately thrown off

discspeed said:
Jesse B 707 said:

Yeah...I have a sneaking suspicion that people who think that the Archon glides better than the Wraith are really just experiencing a better flightpath because it's less stable. To me, the real contrast between the Archon and Wraith comes in the last third of the flight where the Archon just dumps and the Wraith pushes forward. That damn Vulcan top makes the new Destroyers fly like this as well.

Seconded.

Wait....destroyers have the Vulcan top now??! :lol: leave it to innova to ruin all their best molds eventually

Peot said:
I'm not sure, but I think it is just the most recent batch of E* and not a purposeful overhaul of the mold.

We've got like 4 different types of Destroyers at the store with that top.

Picked a champ ams stamp one from a weekly tourney, the thing seems like a meathook to me, nowhere near my star wraith.

Latest posts