• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hall of Fame Classic by MVP Disc Sports-- first NT event presented by MVP!

Awesome to see MJ win. I feel like no one can root against the guy.

After watching rounds 1 and 2, can anyone "in the know" tell me what discs he's throwing? In my head, I imagine it's "red comet, purple comet, orange comet, then green comet," but I could be mistaken.

He threw the same orange mantis on basically every par 4 and 5. He can shape all kinds of lines with it, it was crazy to watch.

MJ literally rote the book on how to play jackson today. Like, if you walked the course and pointed out the perfect spot to land, that was where MJ put his disc every time. If you throw perfect placement from 300-350 all day you can score great. And that's exactly what he did.

MJ's play put a ton of pressure on paul, and you could tell. He felt like he had to make spectacular shots to get strokes on him, and that is a mistake out there.

So how about paul throwing down 1's fairway while playing hole 10 and somehow scrambling and saving par? I couldn't tell what he was doing over there, but I guess it worked

What blows me away is how he can get under a comet and throw a hyzer around a turn with it. I'm stoked for the guy, I know it means a lot to him.

What blows me away is how he can get under a comet and throw a hyzer around a turn with it. I'm stoked for the guy, I know it means a lot to him.

Comet hyzers are the best hyzers :thmbup:

You guys need to get him on another episode! Would love to hear about this one!

How did you finish Pbmercil?

Tied for 12th in advanced. Threw personal bests on all three courses the first three rounds. Was tied for 7th going into today, with only the first 2 spots out of reach and then shot a 6 over. Couldn't get off the tee if I wasn't throwing a destroyer. I was 3 under par on the 5 holes I teed off with a destroyer and 9 over on the other 14 holes. Was even with the pin off the tee on 8 and 9 and threw one over 500 into the middle of the fairway on 18. Every other tee shot sucked.

I played way above my rating all weekend and had by far my best tournement ever, which is great. Sucks to end on a poor showing tho. Still had a blast, I've been looking forward to this event all year.

I believe Marty McProdigy was covering lead because Will was on the card. Jomez probably covered chase.

Tied for 12th in advanced. Threw personal bests on all three courses the first three rounds. Was tied for 7th going into today, with only the first 2 spots out of reach and then shot a 6 over. Couldn't get off the tee if I wasn't throwing a destroyer. I was 3 under par on the 5 holes I teed off with a destroyer and 9 over on the other 14 holes. Was even with the pin off the tee on 8 and 9 and threw one over 500 into the middle of the fairway on 18. Every other tee shot sucked.

I played way above my rating all weekend and had by far my best tournement ever, which is great. Sucks to end on a poor showing tho. Still had a blast, I've been looking forward to this event all year.

You'll get em next time. Glad you shot well for the most part and had fun.

I just played with him at Ledgestone for the exhibition doubles and he was throwing a Crank, Mantis, Comet and Banger off of the tee. He puts with a Ringer. I don't remember him throwing anything else but I know he carries a Force, Buzzz and Nuke. He has perfected the hyzer flip. The Mantis is a phenomenal disc.

I believe Marty McProdigy was covering lead because Will was on the card. Jomez probably covered chase.

Marty and Jomez both covered lead card

a local ATL guy filmed chase card, but I believe it's his first tourney filming

People in the marketplace couldn't pay people to take these, myself included, when they were released and ace race protos.

Just an FYI that the AR version is not the production version, for those looking to jump on the bandwagon.

Jomez filmed lead card. There were other cameras, but I don't know what Marty looks like IRL so I dunno if it were him or not. I didn't see any cameras on chase card

I just played with him at Ledgestone for the exhibition doubles and he was throwing a Crank, Mantis, Comet and Banger off of the tee. He puts with a Ringer. I don't remember him throwing anything else but I know he carries a Force, Buzzz and Nuke. He has perfected the hyzer flip. The Mantis is a phenomenal disc.

He threw either a crank or nuke (not sure which) like twice. I got a kick out of it, cuz he carries a ton of plastic but I really only saw him throw about 4 or 5 discs in 23 holes

Happy to hear Jomez filmed the lead card. The two camera format has been wonderful in all the woods. Getting to see all the skips and tree love was great.

Re: 2 camera coverage- Seeing the late kicks/skips that are blind off the tee is nice. It was fun listening to Nate (Sexton) and McBeth commentate on their round (R2 W/Jomez). As we all know, you never know what the heck happened to your disc sometimes..."how'd it get right there?"

MJ, hole #1, day 2:
MJ%20hole%201_zps9yznxlwu.jpg

Latest posts