• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] HALO POLECAT!!!

These types of reviews are what steered me away from the runs of champ Polecats. Sometimes it pays to wait and see, sometimes ignorance is bliss. Sometimes you just gotta learn the hard way. I figure the odds of anybody actually throwing one of these halos are infinitesimally small, so lacking reviews and a larger run... well... I'll wait and see with some measure of hope intact.

You do you, I'm a random internet stranger. Cheers my good sir and best of luck!

/Grip

All I know is if PDGA Rodman did not get number 1, there is no justice in the world. I do think it is dumb to buy discs with no intention of throwing them. But I will gladly take a dumb person's money if they want to buy some special stamps off of me.

It would eliminate everything that Polecats are. See limited run Champs from a few years back. Their beauty is DX/base plastic just like my Rattlers. Something something don't fix what ain't broke . . .
We have been down this road before. There are discs that just don't translate to other plastics. I forget exactly, but I think there was a run of Star XD's that flew like Zones. Super beefy overstable, which...I mean that kind of disc is useful, but it's not an XD. Z Cyclones flew like Vipers. Crappy Vipers that somehow were super beefy and yet also no good into the wind. They were just awful. Z XL's were not awful, but they had a dumpy fade that Elite Pro XL's didn't have. I could keep going, but I don't have all day.

Between the Champ Polecats and the ESP Rattlers, we have a pretty good idea that lids are superior in base plastic. I don't have a lot of room to talk since I have both runs of Champ Polecat and and an ESP Ratter in my basement, so I can warn people about fools and money but the person who needs to be reminded is probably me. :|

These types of reviews are what steered me away from the runs of champ Polecats.

I bag a champ polecat. It does not fly exactly like a DX polecat, but it serves a purpose.

We have been down this road before. There are discs that just don't translate to other plastics.

It is probably more accurate that there are MOLDS that aren't suited for other plastics. The champ polecat is noticeably different in shape. If you could mold a polecat in champ that had the same shape I bet it would fly great. For whatever reason Innova can't get different plastics to mold up the same. I also think if you molded up a champ polecat in the 150g range it would fly better than a dx polecat even with the slight dome.

I think the DGCR lid is close to being a reality...

One of my best ideas to never become a reality...

I've been rekindling my relationship with DaveMac lately as I'm kinda interested in some shifts to RDG and whatnot.

Maybe I could bring up the mold again and see what it would cost us to bring it to life.

I also think if you molded up a champ polecat in the 150g range it would fly better than a dx polecat even with the slight dome.
Why do you think so? In my experience, dx is the superior flying plastic compared to champ / star / gstar. It just flies better

I have been throwing mine a ton. Kicked my fresh DX out of the bag. It's a touch more stable but has almost DX glide. Feel this thing will age like fine wine. Birdied a 390' (very downhill) narrow tunnel this weekend, the disc didn't vary from its line an inch.

This is the best kind of April fools joke. Make you laugh and then actually provide the disc.

So, if I buy one do I actually get the DX Polecat too (as in the first video)? Or do I have to buy a separate one?

By the way, the only reason I knew to check on here was that I ran into some newer players on the course who asked what I threw for a nice turnover approach. When I said it was a Polecat, one mentioned "oh yeah, they have those in Halo now." The Polecat, making a splash in the modern day!

I got one as a gift the other day. I'm lowkey impressed with how useable the disc is. I played 9 holes at a shorter course with just the 'Cat and scored 3 under.

This is the best kind of April fools joke. Make you laugh and then actually provide the disc.

So, if I buy one do I actually get the DX Polecat too (as in the first video)? Or do I have to buy a separate one?

By the way, the only reason I knew to check on here was that I ran into some newer players on the course who asked what I threw for a nice turnover approach. When I said it was a Polecat, one mentioned "oh yeah, they have those in Halo now." The Polecat, making a splash in the modern day!

Those were numbered run of 100 for April fools day. They came just like that and the DX was all you knew you were getting.

The halo stamp Dx was sold separately for a short run, and are now much less common than halo cats. They keep releasing them

Those were numbered run of 100 for April fools day. They came just like that and the DX was all you knew you were getting.

The halo stamp Dx was sold separately for a short run, and are now much less common than halo cats. They keep releasing them

Officially Innova's coolest April fools ever! Now I'm sad I missed it! How much did they charge?

I have been throwing mine a ton. Kicked my fresh DX out of the bag. It's a touch more stable but has almost DX glide. Feel this thing will age like fine wine. Birdied a 390' (very downhill) narrow tunnel this weekend, the disc didn't vary from its line an inch.

Out of curiosity, what color is your good one? (the Halo one, I mean)